Grandma's Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup. Now I remember why I have always stuck to my mom's chicken noodle soup recipe.this was a disaster! However although I was going to add potato flakes instead of cornstarch I put the potato flakes away and used cornstarch. Return chicken to the simmering stock; add noodles.
DIRECTIONS In a medium sized pot combine stock, veggies and spices except parsley. When the butter is melted, add the onion, garlic, carrots and celery. Bring to a simmer, then lower the heat and partially cover the pan. You can have Grandma's Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Grandma's Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- It’s 5 Lb. of Whole Chicken.
- Prepare 2 of Celery Sticks- cut 1 in big chunks, mince other.
- Prepare 2 of Medium Carrots- cut 1 in big chunks, mince other.
- It’s 1 of Large Red onion, quarter half of it, and mince the other half.
- Prepare 8 of large Garlic Cloves or the whole head If your a garlic lover.
- You need Half of bunch of Parsley.
- It’s 2 of Bay Leaves.
- It’s A Few of Sprigs Fresh Thyme.
- Prepare 1 Sprig of Fresh Rosemary.
- You need 2 of Fresh Sage Leaves.
- It’s 1/2 of Lemon, Quartered.
- You need 2 TBS of Butter.
- You need 1 TBS. of Black Pepper.
- Prepare 1/8 Cup of salt (I use Himilayan Pink Sea Salt).
- It’s 1/2 LB. of Homemade Noodles.
- It’s of Optional- 1 Tbsp. Red Pepper Flakes.
Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup like Grandma made is the perfect comfort food. Loaded with a rich flavorful broth, tender chicken, and hearty noodles this is the BEST chicken noodle soup around! This homemade chicken noodle soup recipe tastes just like the version your grandma used to make since it starts with classic (rather than store-bought) stock. Serve our Old-Fashioned Chicken Noodle Soup with a dinner roll or piece of baguette to soak up every last drop.
Grandma's Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup instructions
- Put the chicken in a large pot and fill with water until chicken is covered. Add 1 stick of celery(the big chunks) and the 1 carrot stick (big chunks) plus the rest of the ingredients except noodles. Bring to boil, then reduce to simmer. Put the lid on and check after an hour and 15 mins..
- Insert a thermometer into deepest part of breast until the internal temperature reaches 160. (Not 165) it will come to temperature after resting for 10 mins..
- At this point, if your chicken has reached temperature, remove the chicken and place on a large cutting board. Strain and SAVE the amazing broth you just made. Picture below is after shredding chicken and before straining. I added the bones back to broth and simmered for another 30 mins..
- If your still with me, (I didn't say grandma's took shortcuts, the flavor is worth the effort.) Then shred the chicken and set aside..
- Heat the same pan over medium, add 2 Tbsp butter, your remaining Carrot,🥕 Celery and 1/2 minced Onion. Summer about 10 mins until translucent. You can add a pinch of salt to make the veggies sweat..
- Add broth to the veggies, taste for salt and pepper, add about 2 cups of chicken or more if you like. Simmer for another 10 mins. And add your homemade noodles!.
- Oh ya! Speaking of homemade noodles- see my next post to come for homemade fettuccini noodles..
Just add chicken, broth, carrots, onion, garlic, and celery to a pot. You can add noodles to make chicken noodle soup, or add rice. We usually make chicken and rice soup because gluten free noodles tend to get pretty mushy. Chop up the carrots, onions, & celery & saute them in a tablespoon of butter until tender. Add the carrots, celery, onion and garlic to the pot and cook, stirring.