Carrot Cake. Different from traditional carrot cakes, this cake is extremely moist and flavorful and is topped with a buttermilk glaze while still warm. Try it and I think you will agree that it is the best!! My fiance LOVES carrot cake, and yesterday was his birthday so I decided to look for a carrot cake recipe.
Says that it rivals his favorite carrot cake recipe. In a mixing bowl, mix sugar, vegetable oil, and eggs. In another bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. You can have Carrot Cake using 17 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Carrot Cake
- You need of Batter.
- It’s 3 cups of grated carrots.
- It’s 2 cups of sugar.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of Mazola oil.
- You need 4 of eggs (unbeaten).
- It’s 3 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 3 cups of sifted flour.
- It’s 3 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 cup of walnuts chopped.
- You need of Frosting.
- You need 1 Tbs of butter.
- You need 1 of large package Philadelphia cream cheese.
- You need 1 cup of powdered sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped walnuts for garnish.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla.
In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Add the eggs, oil, carrots and vanilla; beat until combined. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon. Carrot cake is moist, rich in flavor and melts in your mouth!
Carrot Cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 350. Grate carrots. Squeeze out all liquid using a cheesecloth or clean dish towel..
- In a large mixing bowl, mix carrots, sugar, and oil. Next, beat in eggs. Lastly, mix in dry ingredients..
- Bake for 50 minutes – 1 hour at 350 degrees..
- Frosting: Mix softened butter, vanilla, and cream cheese. Gradually add powdered sugar. Frost cake. Add nuts on top..
This scrumptious dessert is what everyone will be raving about! This truly is one of the best carrot cake recipes alone with whole wheat carrot cake bread, frosted carrot cake cookies or carrot cake cupcakes. All my carrot cake recipes are made with fresh carrots, the perfect blend of spices and a sweet, heavenly frosting! I like using all-purpose flour, but you can substitute some of the all-purpose flour for whole wheat or white whole wheat flour. For a gluten-free carrot cake, swap the flour for your favorite gluten-free flour blend.