Breakfast Casserole Italian Way. This spicy Italian breakfast casserole is the perfect make-ahead breakfast for your busy week or perfect for a holiday brunch to share! There are many ways you can change up this recipe. If you don't have peppers, use whatever veggies are in your fridge.
You needed another breakfast casserole in your life I'm guessing, right?! Cook up this keto casserole on Sunday and you're all set for breakfast for the coming week. Easy, protein packed, and durable enough to eat on-the-go. You can cook Breakfast Casserole Italian Way using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Breakfast Casserole Italian Way
- You need 1/2 loaf of Stale Thick bread.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Butter- unsalted.
- You need 1 of Olive oil.
- Prepare 1 each of Small onion chopped.
- Prepare 2 clove of Garlic minced.
- Prepare 1 lb of Italian sausage.
- You need 1 bunch of Fresh basil chopped.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 8 each of Large Eggs.
- Prepare 2 cup of Whole milk.
- It’s 2 tsp of Fresh Thyme.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 2 cup of Cheddar Cheese.
- It’s 1 cup of Parmesan.
- It’s of Panko Crumbs.
This make-ahead Italian brunch casserole features sweet Italian sausage, green onions, diced zucchini, roasted red bell peppers, Italian bread, sharp Cheddar cheese, milk, and It was wonderful and the zucchini is a great addition that I wouldn't have thought about adding to a breakfast dish. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk. From Italian sausage casseroles to pizza casserole recipes, this board has it all. See more ideas about Recipes, Casserole recipes, Italian Super Cheesy Lasagna Casserole is a non-traditional way to make lasagna, but the flavor is simply out of this world.
Breakfast Casserole Italian Way instructions
- Toast cubed bread lightly under broiler. Set bread aside. In skillet, three rounds olive oil and 2 Tbs butter. Add opinions and garlic and sauté for 3 minutes. Add sausage and season lightly. Add Basil when sausage is browned. Take off heat..
- In a separate bowl, whip eggs and milk. Season with salt and pepper. Add fresh Thyme. Butter a large casserole dish. Put bread on the bottom. Next, top with sausage mixture. Add cheddar. Pour in egg mixture. Top with parmigiana then panko crumbs. Season lightly with salt and pepper..
- Bake at 350°F for 35 minutes until top had browned a bit. serve hot..
Set your slow cooker right before bed so you can wake up to this delicious breakfast! This Italian Casserole, sent to us by Mrs. You can assemble it a day ahead and chill overnight. Pair this casserole with a green. How to Make Italian Egg Casserole in a Slow Cooker.