Ray's' Carrot Cake Scones. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly dust with flour. Whisk together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon,. Carrot Cake Scones are a fun spin on Easter's classic carrot cake.
Then, use a pastry cutter or a fork to cut in the butter until the butter is about lentil-sized. Place green Butter Frosting in a piping bag fitted with a star tip and pipe at the top of each wedge to resemble a carrot. Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. You can cook Ray's' Carrot Cake Scones using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Ray's' Carrot Cake Scones
- You need 1 box of Carrot Cake Mix.
- It’s 1 cup of shredded carrots.
- It’s 1 cup of milk.
- It’s 1 pinch of nutmeg.
- Prepare 1 pinch of ground cloves.
- It’s 3 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 3 cup of ap flour.
- Prepare 1 stick of chopped cold butter.
- You need of sugar drizzle: optional.
- It’s 5 tbsp of powder sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of water.
Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add milk, extract, cinnamon along with eggs, mix until blended, then stir in carrots and nuts. Knead on a floured surface, cut with a cookie cutter to the desired shape. These scones taste just like the classic dessert!
Ray's' Carrot Cake Scones step by step
- preheat oven to 400 and parchment line a baking sheet.
- add cake mix, carrots, sugar spices 2 cups flour, and cubed butter to a large bowl. I corporate butter using a pastry cutter or you can use your hand in crumble butter into cake mix. Make a well in center add in milk incorporate makeing a dough. Slowly add in last cup of flour in incorporate till you get a dough..
- lightly flour counter and roll out dough to desired thickness. cut with a knife. Add to baking sheet bake 25min..
- sugar drizzle: combine powder sugar & water mix well drizzle on top if desired.
They're perfectly tender and full of cozy spices. And that cream cheese drizzle takes them over the top! Cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger spice up the inside of the scones while a cream cheese glaze sweetens the top and chopped pecans add a bit of texture and nuttiness. Each bite is filled with the essential flavors of a carrot cake and the tender texture of a scone. Can I just say that carrot cake scones make a great breakfast?!