Carrot Cake. Different from traditional carrot cakes, this cake is extremely moist and flavorful and is topped with a buttermilk glaze while still warm. Try it and I think you will agree that it is the best!! My fiance LOVES carrot cake, and yesterday was his birthday so I decided to look for a carrot cake recipe.
Says that it rivals his favorite carrot cake recipe. In a mixing bowl, mix sugar, vegetable oil, and eggs. In another bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. You can cook Carrot Cake using 9 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Carrot Cake
- It’s 1 cups of grated carrot.
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
- It’s 3 of eggs lightly beaten.
- Prepare 2 cups of flour.
- It’s 3/4 cups of vegetable oil.
- You need 2 tsp of mixed spices.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 tsp of bicarbonate of soda.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking powder.
In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Add the eggs, oil, carrots and vanilla; beat until combined. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon. Carrot cake is moist, rich in flavor and melts in your mouth!
Carrot Cake instructions
- Place carrot and sugar in a bowl. Add combined eggs and oil. Add sifted flour,spices, baking powder, and bicarbonate combined with a wooden spoon. Pour into a prepared tin and bake in a pre-heated oven.
This scrumptious dessert is what everyone will be raving about! This truly is one of the best carrot cake recipes alone with whole wheat carrot cake bread, frosted carrot cake cookies or carrot cake cupcakes. All my carrot cake recipes are made with fresh carrots, the perfect blend of spices and a sweet, heavenly frosting! I like using all-purpose flour, but you can substitute some of the all-purpose flour for whole wheat or white whole wheat flour. For a gluten-free carrot cake, swap the flour for your favorite gluten-free flour blend.