SOTO BANJAR (Chicken and Vermicelli Soup). Wrap nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves, and cardamom in small pieces of cloth. Grind shallot, garlic, gingger, lemon grass, turmeric until fine. Wrap nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves, and cardamom in small pieces of cloth.
SOTO BANJAR (Chicken and Vermicelli Soup) step by step. Wrap nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves, and cardamom in small pieces of cloth. Grind shallot, garlic, gingger, lemon grass, turmeric until fine. You can cook SOTO BANJAR (Chicken and Vermicelli Soup) using 26 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of SOTO BANJAR (Chicken and Vermicelli Soup)
- Prepare 1 of chicken, cut into 4 pieces.
- Prepare 2 of litter water.
- Prepare 1/2 of nutmeg.
- You need 4 of cloves.
- It’s 4 cm of cinnamon stick.
- Prepare 3 of cardamom.
- It’s 2 stalk of lemon grass.
- It’s 2 cm of gingger.
- It’s 1 cm of turmeric.
- You need 10 of shallots.
- You need 7 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of margarine.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of pepper.
- Prepare 100 g of vermicelli (glass noodles), soaked in hot water and drain.
- It’s 3 of spring onions, finely sliced.
- You need 2 of chinese parsley, thinly chopped.
- Prepare 3 of hard boiled eggs.
- You need 2 tablespoon of fried shallots.
- It’s of Ketupat (rice cake) or rice.
- Prepare of Potato Croquettes.
- It’s of Sweet Soy Sauce and lime.
- It’s of For Sambal :.
- You need 50 gram of red chillies.
- Prepare 10 of bird's eye chilli.
- You need of Salt and sugar.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of oil.
Combine the chicken broth, water, and parsley and cilantro sprigs in a medium-size soup pot. Bring to a boil and add the chicken breast. Remove the chicken and let cool slightly. Soto Ayam is a classic chicken soup from Indonesia but also popular in Singapore and Malaysia.
SOTO BANJAR (Chicken and Vermicelli Soup) step by step
- Boil the chicken in 2 litter water until tender, drain and shred meat when cool. Reserve 1 1/2 liters stock. Wrap nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves, and cardamom in small pieces of cloth..
- Grind shallot, garlic, gingger, lemon grass, turmeric until fine. Heat the margarine and saute the ground seasoning until fragrant. Add wrap spices and papper..
- Put the sauteed spices into the stock. Cover the saucepan, and continue to simmer for about 30 minute..
- For the Sambal: Grind all ingredients together except oil, heat oil and saute the ground ingredients until fragrant..
- For potato croquettes: Mash about 350 gram boiled potatoes,and add 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg and 1 egg yolk. Shape into balls. Deep in the beaten egg white, and fry until golden brown..
- How to serve : Arrange rice cake or rice, glass noodles, shredded chicken, spring onions and parsley in a bowl. Add a few pieces of egg and potatoe croquettes. Pour boiling chicken stock over and garnish with fried shallots. Serve with Sambal, soy sauce and lime..
It's traditionally served with vermicelli noodles (or Bihun/Bee Hoon), shredded chicken, and eggs. In addition, the soup is topped with bean sprouts, cabbage, fried shallots, cilantro, Chinese celery, and krupuk or emping. This indonesian chicken soup is well known as Soto Ayam in Indonesia. It is a yellow spicy chicken soup served with vermicelli or noodles, thinly sliced cabbage, celery leaves, fried thinly sliced potatoes, fried shallot, hard boiled eggs and chilli sambal and sometimes with sambal kecap manis (sweet soy sauce sambal). There are many types of soto from many parts of Indonesia.