Carrot cake. Different from traditional carrot cakes, this cake is extremely moist and flavorful and is topped with a buttermilk glaze while still warm. Try it and I think you will agree that it is the best!! My fiance LOVES carrot cake, and yesterday was his birthday so I decided to look for a carrot cake recipe.
Says that it rivals his favorite carrot cake recipe. In a mixing bowl, mix sugar, vegetable oil, and eggs. In another bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. You can have Carrot cake using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Carrot cake
- It’s 2 of carrots (chopped).
- It’s 4 of eggs.
- You need 2 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of oil.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 of tb baking powder.
- You need of Topping:.
- You need 395 g of condensed milk.
- It’s 3 of tb chocolate powder.
- You need 1 of tb butter.
In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Add the eggs, oil, carrots and vanilla; beat until combined. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon. Carrot cake is moist, rich in flavor and melts in your mouth!
Carrot cake instructions
- Pre heat the oven, 180ºC..
- Mix flour with sugar and baking powder and set aside..
- In a blender, put the carrots, eggs and oil (I use soy oil). Beat until you see a smooth mixture.
- Put the carrots with the flour and mix gently. Then, put in a greased baking pan and put in the oven for about 30 min. You can use a toothpick to see if its done..
- For the topping (it's called "brigadeiro"):.
- Mix all the ingredients in a pan and cook under low heat, always mixing with a spoon..
- You'll see the mixture will start to boil and double its size, keep mixing with the spoon, pay attention to the sides so they don't get overcooked or your Brigadeiro will get crumbled (its ok if it happens, btw).
- Keep like that till you see the mixture is a bit thick and no more attaching to the bottom of the pan..
- Put over the cake and spread gently. Let cool a little bit and serve..
This scrumptious dessert is what everyone will be raving about! This truly is one of the best carrot cake recipes alone with whole wheat carrot cake bread, frosted carrot cake cookies or carrot cake cupcakes. All my carrot cake recipes are made with fresh carrots, the perfect blend of spices and a sweet, heavenly frosting! I like using all-purpose flour, but you can substitute some of the all-purpose flour for whole wheat or white whole wheat flour. For a gluten-free carrot cake, swap the flour for your favorite gluten-free flour blend.