Mie Ayam (Chicken Noodle Soup With Palm Sugar and Soy sauce). In other pan, boil wheat noodle. Mie Ayam is unlike most Indonesian cuisine, where the secret is in the sauce, the clue to a good mie ayam is the perfect al dente noodle. For this dish, bakmie is boiled in stock and topped with succulent slices of gravy-braised chicken.
There are three different types of mie ayam that I know. Mie ayam is very versatile, that's why every mie ayam stall would likely have its own version of toppings for the noodles. The most basic topping is diced chicken seasoned with savoury sauce. You can have Mie Ayam (Chicken Noodle Soup With Palm Sugar and Soy sauce) using 27 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mie Ayam (Chicken Noodle Soup With Palm Sugar and Soy sauce)
- You need 250 g of breast chicken(chopped).
- You need 500 g of Wheat noodles.
- You need of Seasoning 1:.
- It’s 25 g of onion.
- It’s 25 g of garlic.
- It’s 1 cm of ginger.
- You need 1 cm of turmeric.
- You need 5 pieces of candlenut.
- You need of Seasoning 2:.
- You need 1 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of salt.
- You need 2 g of coriander powder.
- Prepare 2 g of ground pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 50 g of palm sugar.
- It’s 2 of lime leaves.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- It’s 1 of lemongrass.
- It’s of Additional:.
- You need 3 tbsp of Cooking oil.
- It’s of Water.
- You need 1 tsp of Sesame oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Salty soy sauce.
- It’s of Green onion (chopped).
- Prepare of Fried onion.
- Prepare of Mustard greens.
- Prepare of Dumpling crackers.
Some other addition of toppings could include something like savoury button mushrooms, slices of BBQ pork, richly seasoned ground pork, boiled/fried pangsit (wonton), swikiaw (Sui Kow – prawn+pork+water. In the afternoon we can see bakso (Indonesian meatball soup with noodle or bee hoon with chye sim and bean sprouts) seller, siew mai, gado gado (Indonesian salad full of vegetables, tofu, and tempeh and topped with peanut sauce), and not to forget soto (Indonesian traditional chicken soup), and lumpia (spring roll). Mi ayam – chicken noodle soup comprising a bowl of chicken stock, boiled choy sim, celery leaves, diced chicken cooked with sweet soy sauce, and fried shallots. Some variants add mushrooms and fried/boiled pangsit (wonton).
Mie Ayam (Chicken Noodle Soup With Palm Sugar and Soy sauce) instructions
- Chicken sauce:Blend seasoning 1 with some water until smooth..
- Heat pan in medium heat, pour cooking oil and seasoning 1. Put in breast chicken. Stir..
- Add seasoning 2. Add 200 ml water. Stir and cooked for 15 minutes..
- In other pan, boil wheat noodle. If the noodles are cooked. Take the noodles and throw the water..
- Put some noodles in the bowl, add sesame oil and salty soy sauce. Stir. Add chicken sauce. Pour some hot water. Add green onion, fried onion, mustard greens, and dumpling crackers..
Normally it is eaten with chili sauce and pickles. Add the palm sugar, sweet soy sauce, salt and pepper. The broth then served with yellow egg noodles, water spinach, meatball, been sprouts, mushroom and sprinkled with fried shallots. sometime is add with hard-boiled egg. Fried noodle cooked with sweet soy sauce and shredded chicken. Stir-fry Chinese noodle cooked with vegetables and beef..