Banana Streusel Muffins. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, baking soda and cinnamon. In a small bowl, beat eggs, sour cream, butter and bananas; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Gently fold banana mixture into dry ingredients just until moistened; do not overmix.
DIRECTIONS In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon. In a small bowl beat eggs, sour cream, butter and bananas; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill greased or paper lined muffin cups three-fourths full. You can have Banana Streusel Muffins using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Banana Streusel Muffins
- Prepare of Muffins.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of all purpose Flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of Baking Soda.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Baking Powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 3 of Bananas Mashed.
- Prepare 1 of Egg beaten lightly.
- You need 1/3 cup of Melted Butter.
- It’s of Streusel.
- You need 1/3 cup of Brown Sugar.
- You need 2 tbsp of Flour.
- Prepare 2 pinch of Ground Cinnomon.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Softened Butter.
Use bananas that are very ripe for flavorful, moist muffins. Muffins can be made a day ahead and stored in an airtight container. Line a muffin tin with liners. In a large bowl, whisk the egg and brown sugar together until smooth and no lumps remain.
Banana Streusel Muffins step by step
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- Use muffin tins… Use liners or grease..
- In a large mixing bowl mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Then set aside..
- In another large mixing bowl use and electric mixer and mash the bananas. Then add the sugar, eggs, and melted butter. Be sure to temper (mix in slowly) the eggs into the mix so you don't cook the egg..
- Add the banana mixture into the dry ingredients until just moistened. Spoon mix into muffin tins. Then set aside.
- FOR THE STREUSEL….
- Add brown sugar, flour, cinnomon, and softened butter all together in one bowl..
- Mix until it resembles a course meal..
- Sprinkle amply on top of the UNCOOKED muffins..
- Bake 18-20 Mins until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean..
Add in vanilla extract, butter and bananas, whisking again until combined. Gradually add in dry ingredients, mixing until just incorporated. Overripe bananas have never had a better calling than to become banana streusel muffins. A sweet crumble topping adds some crunch to the perfect fluffy muffin. Using three bananas really showcases the natural sweetness of the fruit.