Salted Caramel & Chocolate Chip Banana Bread. Satisfy Salty Cravings With Planters Products Found In The Snack Aisle! Sugar will form clumps and eventually melt into a thick brown, amber-colored liquid as you continue to stir. These salted caramels are soft, chewy and perfectly melt away in your mouth.
We use the same recipe to make the caramels, but add one more step and covered them in chocolate. Place sugar in a heavy-bottomed saucepan set over medium-high heat. Stir continuously until sugar begins to melt. You can have Salted Caramel & Chocolate Chip Banana Bread using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Salted Caramel & Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Prepare 2 cups of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of butter (room temperature).
- You need 3/4 cup of dark brown sugar.
- It’s 2 of large eggs.
- Prepare 4 of very ripe bananas (don't mash until ready to mix).
- It’s 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of Hershey’s Salted Caramel Baking Chips.
- You need 1/2 cup of Hershey’s Milk Chocolate Baking Chips.
Cook over medium heat, stirring gently, until sugar is dissolved. If granules of sugar become stuck to sides of saucepan, use wet pastry brush to brush granules down towards syrup. In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, combine water, vanilla, corn syrup, and sugar and stir gently stir to combine. Bring to a boil and place a candy thermometer inside your pan.
Salted Caramel & Chocolate Chip Banana Bread step by step
- Preheat oven to 400° & spray a glass 9×5 loaf pan with non stick spray..
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, salt, and baking powder. This will ensure all your ingredients mix well and you won't overwork the batter..
- In a separate bowl lightly beat eggs with a fork. Mix in the brown sugar, granulated sugar, and vanilla extra until well combined. Add in the butter and mix well. I used a hand mixer at this point to get the mixture smooth. Set this aside once smooth..
- In another bowl peel and mash your bananas really well. Then mix the mashed bananas in with your wet ingredients..
- Poor 1/3 of the dry ingredients into the wet, and using a spatula gently fold until combined. Repeat two more times until all the dry is combined with the wet. Then add the baking chips. Do not over mix the batter. You want the ingredients to all just come together..
- Pour into prepared baking dish and bake at 400° for 1 hour. Check for doneness by inserting a small knife in the center. It's done if it comes out clean. Ovens vary so cooking time may be a little different..
- Remove from oven and let cool in baking dish for 30 minutes. After that remove from pan and cool for another hour on a rack..
Cook, without stirring, until the sugar has turned a deep amber hue,. How to Make Homemade Salted Caramel Sauce To get started, you'll need a medium to large sized saucepan. Be sure there's plenty of room, because things will bubble up quite a bit and you don't want it to overflow. Combine the sugar and water in your saucepan and cook over medium low heat until the sugar has dissolved, stirring as needed. The salted caramel possibilities are truly endless, especially when you have a no-fail, go-to homemade salted caramel sauce recipe.