Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup. In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter. Pour in chicken and vegetable broths and stir in chicken, noodles, carrots, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. This tasty homemade chicken noodle soup is the most amazing comfort food ever!
Pour chicken broth into the cooked vegetables and deglaze by scraping up the bits of chicken and vegetables from the bottom of the hot pan. Season with salt and pepper if necessary. Melt butter in a large soup pot over medium heat. You can cook Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup using 22 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- It’s 4 of chicken legs.
- You need 2 of spring onions, cut in half, use only the onion part.
- You need 1 of carrot, split into four pieces.
- It’s 4-5 of garlic cloves, cut in half.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ginger, cut into matchsticks.
- You need 3-4 of stems of fresh coriander.
- Prepare 1 of large bay leaf.
- It’s 2 tsp of whole black peppercorns.
- You need 2 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 of -litre water (approx 8 cups).
- It’s 140 gm of instant ramen noodles.
- Prepare 1 of onion, diced.
- It’s 1 of carrot, diced.
- You need 1 of red bell pepper, diced.
- It’s 1 tbsp of garlic, finely chopped.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ginger, finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 of green chillies, finely chopped.
- You need 1 of spring onion, finely chopped (only the leaf).
- Prepare 1 of lemon, juice.
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- It’s of Spring onion and parsley (dried) as the garnish.
Stir in carrot, onion, celery, salt, and fresh thyme. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Brimming with chicken, vegetables and egg noodles, and seasoned with fresh parsley, pepper, bay leaf and chopped garlic, this chicken noodle soup is comfort food made simple. For the easiest chicken noodle soup, if you have a rotisserie or leftover chicken, instead of adding chicken thighs to the pot, add two to three cups of shredded or diced cooked chicken to the soup at the same time as adding the dried noodles.
Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup instructions
- Take water in a pot and bring it to a boil. Add chicken legs, carrots, spring onions, garlic, ginger, coriander leaves, bay leaf, black peppercorns and salt. Boil it for a minute or two and then lower the heat to medium. Allow it to simmer for 30 minutes. After that turn the heat off and keep it aside to cool down..
- Remove the chicken from the stock and shred it using a fork..
- Melt butter in a large pot. Add garlic and green chillies. Saute for a minute..
- Then add onion and ginger. Cook for another minute..
- Add carrot, red bell pepper and spring onion. Cook, stirring every few minutes until the vegetables begin to soften..
- Using a colander, directly pour the chicken stock into the pot..
- Bring it to a boil. Add the noodles into the soup and cook for 2-3 minutes..
- Slide the shredded chicken back into the pot. Add salt and pepper, as needed. Turn the heat off and remove the pot from the stove..
- Ladle the soup into large bowls. Garnish with spring onions and parsley..
A homemade Chicken Noodle Soup recipe made from scratch using a whole chicken. With a beautifully flavoured golden chicken broth, this is a classic everyone should know! Made the old fashioned way by boiling a whole chicken, you can toss in any vegetables, noodles or pasta and it's going to be amazing. Master the art of chicken noodle soup with recipes from the expert chefs at Food Network. Nothing is as remotely comforting as a warm bowl of this classic.