Healthiest Banana Bread. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Beat butter, yogurt, and brown sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl until light and fluffy. The mixture should be noticeably lighter in color.
It's made with whole wheat flour and naturally sweetened with honey or maple syrup. You can easily make this banana bread vegan or gluten free—check the recipe notes for details. This whole wheat banana bread is made in one bowl, except for mashing the banana. You can cook Healthiest Banana Bread using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Healthiest Banana Bread
- You need 6 of Small or 4 Large Soft, Ripe Bananas.
- You need 6 of Eggs.
- It’s 30 ml of Natural Maple Syrup or alternative sweetener of choice.
- You need 30 ml of or 3 Tbsp Coconut Oil.
- It’s 250-300 g of Dark Rye Flour.
- Prepare 1/2 Tsp of Baking Powder.
- It’s Pinch of Salt.
- It’s Tsp of Vanilla Essence.
- Prepare Tsp of Cinnamon or Mixed Spice.
- Prepare of Optional Sultanas or Seeds.
I always mash my bananas in a separate bowl using a fork. You can also mash the bananas in a stand mixer. To make this banana bread, you will start by whisking together your wet ingredients: melted butter, honey, mashed banana and eggs. Mashed bananas, flaxseed meal and almond milk make this healthy vegan banana bread deliciously moist and tender.
Healthiest Banana Bread instructions
- Line a 2lb loaf tin and pre-heat the oven to 180°.
- In a food processor, put the eggs, bananas, maple syrup and coconut oil..
- Whizz up. Depending on preference you can leave it a little chunky or make it smoother..
- Put the mixture into a large mixing bowl. Add the salt, vanilla, cinnamon and baking powder. Stir. Add the Rye Flour (seive to de-clump but add all the grain that remains in the seive to the mixture). You will need between 250g and 300g depending on size of eggs and ripeness of bananas, you don't want it too sloppy. It should be drop consistency..
- Pour into greased and lined tin and place in the oven. Cook for 55 mins at 180° it should have risen and formed cracks on the top..
- Allow to cool, slice and serve! I like to top it with peanut butter, seeds and sultanas. Or sugarfree chocolate spread!.
- As with most of my recipes, you can play around with ingredients to suit your own personal taste and tolerances. You might like to add other fruits, seeds or nuts into the batter and you may not require sweetener at all!.
While this quick and easy bread might be eggless and dairy-free, it's just as delicious as traditional versions. Add bittersweet chocolate chips for a decadent treat. Vegan / egg-free banana bread: Replace the eggs with flax eggs. To make this banana bread healthy, The sugar is replaced with honey and for the butter, we opted in for coconut oil. As for the flour, whole wheat flour works wonders.