Banana Bread Porridge. Rating When you don't have time to bake, this recipe for Banana Bread Oatmeal tastes just like the real deal. Made with ripe bananas, this creamy oatmeal will help you start your day right. Combine banana, buttermilk, oil, vanilla, and eggs in a small bowl or measuring cup.
Add oat and banana mixture to dry ingredients all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened (do not over mix). This recipe is a simple five ingredient banana bread recipe that you can make with ingredients you probably have on hand in your pantry. This is a dense and moist bread that is mildly sweet and tastes strongly of bananas and hearty oats. You can cook Banana Bread Porridge using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Banana Bread Porridge
- Prepare 40 g of porridge oats.
- You need 180 ml of milk/water.
- Prepare of Semi-skimmed or dairy free (Almond works well).
- Prepare 1 of large banana: ½ mashed and ½ sliced (if want caramelised bananas).
- It’s 2 tsp of maple syrup/honey.
- You need 1/4 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare Pinch of salt.
- It’s of Small handful of chopped almonds.
- You need of To serve.
- Prepare of Small handful toasted flaked almonds.
- It’s of Caramelized bananas.
Using up Brown Bananas I like this recipe for using up over ripe, brown bananas. Ingredients Needed for Banana Overnight Oats. old fashioned rolled oats – rolled oats are the best for overnight oats. Instant/quick oats and steel cut oats don't work well because they don't absorb liquid the same way rolled oats do; bananas; almond milk – I like using unsweetened vanilla almond milk, but any type of milk will work; Greek yogurt – yogurt gives overnight oats an. Then pulse in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
Banana Bread Porridge instructions
- Heat the oats, milk/water, mashed banana, chopped almonds, cinnamon and vanilla in a saucepan over a medium-low heat..
- Cook for 5 minutes until the oats are cooked and the texture is as desired (add more milk if you want it thinner)..
- Whilst the porridge is cooking, cook the caramelised bananas. In a non-stick frying pan, place the sliced bananas and cover with the maple syrup. Cook over a medium heat, flipping gently occasionally, until golden brown and soft..
- Pour into a bowl and serve with the toasted flaked almonds and a dash of honey/maple syrup if desired..
Cream the sugar and butter in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. I looked at several recipes for Banana Oatmeal Bread and decided to try this one! Serve the banana bread baked oatmeal immediately, or divide into six portions and refrigerate for later! Serve hot or cold, alone or topped with milk. This banana oatmeal bread is a loaf of hearty, yet moist and delicious banana bread with nutritious ingredients that can be made in one bowl!