Whole Wheat Banana Date Oatmeal Muffin. Combine oats, whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, white sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a medium-sized bowl. Stir in milk, oil, brown sugar, and vanilla extract. Place the bananas, eggs, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla and soaked dates in a food processor and pulse until smooth.
Extra ripe bananas is the key to moist banana muffins! In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. In another large mixing bowl, mix mashed bananas, applesauce, brown sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla until combined. You can have Whole Wheat Banana Date Oatmeal Muffin using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Whole Wheat Banana Date Oatmeal Muffin
- Prepare 1 cup of Quick Oats.
- Prepare 1 cup of Soymilk w/1 tbl lemon juice added.
- You need 1/2 cup of All purpose flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Whole Wheat flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Baking Powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Baking Soda.
- It’s 1 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of Cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Ginger.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Nutmeg.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Cardamom.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Ground Cloves.
- It’s 1/3 cup of Butter, softned.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Packed Brown Sugar.
- It’s 1 large of Egg.
- It’s 1 large of Banana.
- It’s 1 cup of Chopped Dates.
Add dry ingredients alternatively with buttermilk until dry ingredients are moist. Here are a few reasons why they're a bit healthier than your average banana muffin: They're made with nonfat milk. There is very little oil in the recipe (and no butter). Whole wheat flour is used in place of white flour.
Whole Wheat Banana Date Oatmeal Muffin step by step
- Mix soymilk and oats together let set for 1hour..
- Cream together butter and brown sugar set aside..
- Mix together all dry ingredients. Set aside..
- Mix egg into brown sugar mixture until well blended..
- Alternately add dry ingredients and oatmeal mixture to the bown sugar mixture..
- Mash banana and add with the dates to the muffin mixture. (Fold in).
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full bake at 400°f for 20min..
These delicious whole wheat banana nut muffins are healthy, wholesome, and satisfying. Combine flour, buttermilk mixture, brown sugar, canola oil, baking powder, baking soda, salt and eggs in large bowl. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon; stir into date mixture with a wooden spoon just until blended. Line a muffin tin with paper or silicone liners, or lightly spray with cooking spray. In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.