Cafe-style moist Banana muffins with Streusel topping. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, baking soda and cinnamon.
This is such a yummy way to use up those over ripe bananas! I am the queen of over ripe bananas. The banana bread muffin is just that; moist, fluffy, tender banana bread in muffin form. You can have Cafe-style moist Banana muffins with Streusel topping using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cafe-style moist Banana muffins with Streusel topping
- Prepare of Muffin batter.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 3 of mashed bananas.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of vegetable or canola oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare of Streusel topping.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of all purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of cold butter.
And that cinnamony-sugar streusel crumb topping gives the perfect, light crunch on top. Banana Crumb Muffins are so easy to make with just a few simple ingredients! These fluffy and moist muffins are topped with a delicious cinnamon-spiced streusel topping and make a great breakfast or after-school snack. A simple recipe that freezes beautifully and produces big, bakery-style banana muffins.
Cafe-style moist Banana muffins with Streusel topping step by step
- Preheat oven to 190°F C (375 degrees F). Use muffin cups or grease and flour muffin tray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon..
- Mash bananas in a large bowl. Add beaten egg, sugar, oil and vanilla..
- Gently mix in flour mixture to the banana mixture until just moist. Do not overmix. Add to muffin cups..
- In a small bowl, mix sugar, flour and cinnamon. Cut in butter and rub in to the rest until the mix looks like wet sand. Sprinkle a little over the top of each muffin.
- Bake for 17-20 mins or until toothpick poked in to the middle of muffin comes out clean.
In another bowl combine the egg, mashed bananas, sugar, and oil, mix well then add to the flour mixture. Stir until just moistened, fold in the walnuts. Top each batter filled cup with the streusel topping, enough to cover so you cant see the batter. In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened.