Rosemary Lemon Chicken Skewers.
You can have Rosemary Lemon Chicken Skewers using 12 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Rosemary Lemon Chicken Skewers
- It’s 2 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
- You need to taste of pepper.
- You need 1/2 cup of fresh lemon juice.
- It’s 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of lemon zest.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of whole grain Dijon mustard, divided.
- You need 1 tsp of honey.
- It’s 1 clove of fresh garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of fresh rosemary leaves, chopped.
- It’s 8 of fresh rosemary stems (10-12 inches long each).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of mayonnaise.
Rosemary Lemon Chicken Skewers step by step
- Cut chicken into 1-1 ½ inch chunks..
- Thighs will cook up juicier, breasts have less fat. Season lightly with salt and pepper. If using kosher chicken meat, go light on the salt, as the meat will already have some saltiness..
- Place chicken pieces into a shallow bowl..
- Rinse and dry the eight rosemary stems, then pull most of the leaves from the stem. Reserve 1-2 inches of leaves at the tip of each stem. These are your skewers..
- In a small bowl, pour lemon juice, zest, olive oil, 1 tbsp whole grain Dijon mustard, honey, garlic and chopped rosemary leaves; mix well..
- Pour the marinade over the chicken pieces..
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Let the chicken marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours..
- Remove marinated chicken from the refrigerator. Skewer the chicken chunks onto four of the rosemary skewers. Reserve the other four skewers..
- Generously grease your grill before preheating to prevent the chicken from sticking. Grill the skewers over a medium flame for 5 minutes per side. Cover the chicken as it cooks so that smoky rosemary flavor permeates the meat..
- Turn the skewers periodically, until the chicken chunks are cooked through and the meat is evenly grilled. Cut a larger chunk open to check for doneness..
- When chicken is cooked, un-skewer the chicken chunks from the charred rosemary skewers. Re-skewer them on the fresh rosemary skewers..
- To make the Dijon Mayonnaise, combine mayonnaise and the remaining ½ tbsp whole grain Dijon mustard in a small bowl; stir well..
- Serve as a dipping sauce with the grilled chicken skewers..