Ultimate Banana Bread. It is done when a toothpick or skewer inserted into the bread is batter-free — be sure to check the upper third as well, near the rim of the pan; that's where I'd find the unbaked pockets of batter hanging out. The bread will get very dark but will not taste burnt. To keep banana bread moist, let it cool completely on a cooling rack.
We then simmered the banana liquid in a saucepan until it reduced and incorporated it into the batter. We used brown sugar instead of granulated. This single loaf of banana bread is packed with FIVE bananas (!), brown sugar, butter, chopped walnuts, and a sprinkle of sugar on top. You can cook Ultimate Banana Bread using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Ultimate Banana Bread
- You need 280 g of Self-Raising Flour.
- You need 1/2 Tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 110 g of Butter.
- It’s 190 g of Caster Sugar.
- You need 2 Tbsp of Honey.
- Prepare 2 Tsp of Cinnamon.
- You need 3 of Ripe Bananas.
- You need 1 of Cap Vanilla Extract.
- It’s 2 of Eggs.
- You need 4 of Squares of Dark Chocolate.
It bakes up high, dense, and supremely moist. Bonus, it's all made in one bowl! They cooked the bananas in the microwave for a few minutes, then strained the bananas, then reduced the liquid by half to get an intense banana flavor. My kids were loving the smell while this ultimate banana bread baked.
Ultimate Banana Bread instructions
- Pre-heat the oven to 160 degrees. Place the ripe bananas in the oven and bake on a tray for about 10 minutes..
- Cream the butter and sugar together. Add the vanilla extract, cinnamon and honey. Add the eggs..
- When the bananas are brown peel and add to the butter, mash together. Turn the oven up to 180 degrees. Add the flour. You should have a thick batter which falls off the spoon easily..
- Put the batter in a lined (or greased) baking dish or cake tin. I sprinkled more sugar and honey on top. Break up the chocolate and poke into the batter. Bake for about 25- 30 minutes..
It turned out super moist and delicious with a ton of banana flavor. My kids LOVED it and I did too. This candies the bananas and gives them a great sweet flavor. About an hour or so later, thar she blows! Need to use up extra buttermilk?