Hazelnut banana bread. Mash the bananas with the back of a fork in a large bowl until only a few lumps remain. Add the eggs and mix until smooth. Using the fork, whisk in the coconut oil, yogurt, sugar, salt and vanilla.
Hazelnut Banana Bread – to celebrate my little Hazel "nut"! I know this is a food blog, but I've had a lot of thoughts on my mind this year as the holiday season surrounds us. I just wanted to take time to share a little bit with you. You can have Hazelnut banana bread using 18 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Hazelnut banana bread
- Prepare 180 g of plain flour (GF flour works).
- You need 100 g of finely ground hazelnuts.
- Prepare 1 of flax egg (1 tbsp flax +2 tbsp water).
- You need 2 of very ripe bananas.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 50 g of coconut oil.
- You need 75 g of brown sugar.
- It’s 80 ml of non dairy milk.
- It’s 1 tsp of lemon juice or vinegar.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 100 g of chocolate chips.
- You need of You will need:.
- Prepare Loaf of tin.
- Prepare of Parchment paper.
- It’s of Scales.
Last year, our little family experienced quite a shake up during the holiday season. In a medium bowl combine eggs, bananas, yogurt, brown sugar, chocolate-hazelnut spread, and oil. Add banana mixture all at once to flour mixture; stir until evenly moistened. Spoon batter into prepared pan (s).
Hazelnut banana bread instructions
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/350°F. Grease your loaf tin with oil and line with parchment paper..
- Prepare flax egg by adding 2 tbsp water to 1 tbsp of ground flax..
- Add lemon juice or vinegar to milk and stir. This is your 'buttermilk'. Leave to the side until needed later..
- In a large bowl combine all dry ingredients together: flour, ground hazelnuts, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon..
- Mash bananas in a separate bowl until no large lumps remain. To the bananas combine brown sugar, vanilla, melted coconut oil, flax egg, and buttermilk, whisking until homogeneous..
- Pour wet mixture into the dry mixture; stir to combine. Once the batter is almost fully mixed, add in chocolate chips and continue stirring..
- Pour batter into prepared tin and place into preheated oven for 45 – 50 minutes..
- Once the bread is out of the oven, leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes then remove from its tin and parchment to continue cooling on a wire rack..
Sprinkle top (s) evenly with hazelnuts. The finished bread has a great, rich hazelnut flavor and light banana flavor. It is moist, and has a density that reminds me a bit of pound cake, with a very tight crumb. Both flavor-wise and texture-wise, it's a very satisfying loaf – especially if you're a fan of either banana bread or hazelnut to begin with. Add the banana slices, chocolate, hazelnuts and yoghurt and fold through until just combined.