Carrot cake. Different from traditional carrot cakes, this cake is extremely moist and flavorful and is topped with a buttermilk glaze while still warm. Try it and I think you will agree that it is the best!! My fiance LOVES carrot cake, and yesterday was his birthday so I decided to look for a carrot cake recipe.
Says that it rivals his favorite carrot cake recipe. In a mixing bowl, mix sugar, vegetable oil, and eggs. In another bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. You can cook Carrot cake using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Carrot cake
- Prepare 2 cups of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 4 of medium size grated carrots.
- You need 1.5 cups of sugar.
- It’s 4 of eggs.
- It’s 1.5 of tspn baking soda.
- You need 1 of tspn baking powder.
- Prepare of O.5 tspn salt.
- Prepare 250 ml of Cooking oil.
In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Add the eggs, oil, carrots and vanilla; beat until combined. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon. Carrot cake is moist, rich in flavor and melts in your mouth!
Carrot cake instructions
- In a bowl beat the eggs. Mix using an electric mixer until pale, foamy and fluffy, keep adding the sugar as you mix, finally add the oil as you mix..
- In another bowl, add the flour, baking soda and baking powder, mix.
- Finally fold in the flour in the wet ingredients, finally add the grated carrots and give a good mix.
- Pour into your greased tin and bake in a preheated oven at 180degrees for about 45mins. Cooking time may vary..
This scrumptious dessert is what everyone will be raving about! This truly is one of the best carrot cake recipes alone with whole wheat carrot cake bread, frosted carrot cake cookies or carrot cake cupcakes. All my carrot cake recipes are made with fresh carrots, the perfect blend of spices and a sweet, heavenly frosting! I like using all-purpose flour, but you can substitute some of the all-purpose flour for whole wheat or white whole wheat flour. For a gluten-free carrot cake, swap the flour for your favorite gluten-free flour blend.