Carrot Cake. Different from traditional carrot cakes, this cake is extremely moist and flavorful and is topped with a buttermilk glaze while still warm. Try it and I think you will agree that it is the best!! My fiance LOVES carrot cake, and yesterday was his birthday so I decided to look for a carrot cake recipe.
Says that it rivals his favorite carrot cake recipe. In a mixing bowl, mix sugar, vegetable oil, and eggs. In another bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. You can have Carrot Cake using 20 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Carrot Cake
- Prepare 310 g of Flour.
- It’s 200 g of white Sugar.
- You need 200 g of brown Sugar.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of vanilla extract.
- It’s 4 of Eggs at room temperature.
- You need 3 cups of grated Carrots.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Salt.
- You need 2 teaspoons of ground Cinnamon.
- You need 1 1/2 teaspoon of Baking Soda.
- You need 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- It’s 235 ml of Oil.
- You need 110 g of unsalted butter, melted.
- It’s 120 g of chopped Walnuts – optional.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of Nutmeg.
- You need of For Frosting.
- It’s 220 g of Cream cheese at room temperature.
- You need 450 g of powdered Sugar.
- It’s 110 g of soft unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of Salt.
In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Add the eggs, oil, carrots and vanilla; beat until combined. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon. I like using all-purpose flour, but you can substitute some of the all-purpose flour for whole wheat or white whole wheat flour.
Carrot Cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 170 and prepare two 8-inch pans with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugars, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg..
- Add oil and melted butter and blend well.
- Add eggs, one at a time and blend well for 30 sec after adding each one.
- Add vanilla extract and blend well.
- Add carrots and nuts (optional), mix well.
- Evenly divide carrot cake batter into prepared baking pans and bake for 30-40 minutes until done (toothpick inserted in center should come out mostly clean with only few moist crumbs).
- Allow carrot cake to cool in the pans for 10 minutes, then invert onto cooling rack to cool completely..
- I have sliced the top layer of the cake for frosting to even the surface, this is optional.
- Combine butter and cream cheese in a large bowl and beat until creamy, well-combined, and lump-free..
- Add vanilla extract and sprinkle salt into the bowl and stir well to combine..
- Gradually add powdered sugar and blend until ingredients are completely combined and the consistency is thick.
- Now place the first cake on serving board and frost evenly on top.
- Place second cake on top and frost on top and sides. I had divided the frosting to make carrot design on top. Frost and design as desired. Now slice and serve.
For a gluten-free carrot cake, swap the flour for your favorite gluten-free flour blend. Baking soda helps the cake to rise. Salt, cinnamon, and vanilla extract make the cake taste amazing. Oil keeps the cake nice and moist — any neutral flavored oil will work. Add the carrots and nuts, and mix until just blended.