Easy Carrot Cake. Combine the sugar, flour, salt, cinnamon, soda, oil. With an electric mixer beat in the eggs one at a time. Stir in the carrots and the walnuts.
Baking soda helps the cake to rise. Salt, cinnamon, and vanilla extract make the cake taste amazing. Oil keeps the cake nice and moist — any neutral flavored oil will work. You can cook Easy Carrot Cake using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Easy Carrot Cake
- You need 175 g of light muscovado sugar.
- Prepare 175 ml of Sunflower oil.
- You need 3 of Lerge eggs lightly beaten.
- It’s 140 g of Grated Carrots (about 3 medium).
- You need 175 g of Self-raising flour.
- You need 1 tsp of bicarbonate of soda.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Ground Cinnamon.
In a large mixing bowl, stir together oil, sugars, vanilla essence, eggs and grated carrot. Easy carrot cake from a cake mix. I frost it with a Cream Cheese Frosting, then cut into bars. Carrot Cake Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing.
Easy Carrot Cake step by step
- Heat the oven to 180C/fan160C/gas 4. Oil and line the base and sides of an 18cm square cake tin with baking parchment..
- Tip 175g light muscovado sugar, 175ml sunflower oil and 3 large beaten eggs into a big mixing bowl. Lightly mix with a wooden spoon. Stir in 140g grated Carrots..
- Sift 175g self-raising flour, 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda, 1 tsp ground cinnamon into the bowl. Mix everything together, the mixture will be soft and almost runny..
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 40-45 mins or until it feels firm and springy when you press it in the centre..
- Cool in the tin for 5 mins, then turn it out, peel off the paper and cool on a wire rack. (You can freeze the cake at this point if you want to serve it at a later date.).
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice, and salt. To a large bowl, add eggs and whisk until lightly beaten. Carrot Cake is such a classic, especially this time of year with Easter approaching. Many have strong opinions about what makes the perfect carrot cake, but there's no doubt that it should be moist, simple to make and full of carrots. Beyond that, variations include everything from pineapple and coconut to pecans and raisins.