Brazilian Carrot Cake. A traditional favorite in my family, Brazilian carrot cake is very different from the American version. The popular cake is topped with homemade chocolate frosting, and perfect to serve with a glass of milk or tea. Brazilian Carrot Cake Quite different from the American version, this Brazilian Carrot Cake is the easiest carrot cake you'll ever make!
This is a very traditional cake in Brazil; it's not something that's associated with Easter and spring time the way carrot cake here in the US is. It's a super simple recipe and the carrots are actually pureed into the batter so it's completely smooth. This is a cozy, remarkably easy Bundt cake that's made in homes across Brazil—technically carrot, but acts more like pound, dressed unstintingly with streaks of gooey chocolate ganache. You can cook Brazilian Carrot Cake using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Brazilian Carrot Cake
- It’s 3 medium of Carrots.
- It’s 3 large of Eggs.
- It’s 3/4 cup of Vegetable oil.
- You need 2 cup of Flour.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of White sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of Baking Powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Pumpkin spice mix (optional).
- It’s 1 of Each Vanilla & Almond extract (Optional).
- You need of Topping.
- It’s 1 cup of Icing Sugar.
- It’s 1 cup of Chocolate powder/cocoa powder.
- You need 1/4 cup of Milk.
- Prepare 50 grams of Butter.
It also happens to be naturally tinted perfectly for Halloween (though I hope you will eat it year-round, for both dessert and breakfast). How is the Brazilian Carrot Cake? While the American Carrot Cake is chunky and spiced and has a cream cheese frosting, the Brazilian Carrot Cake is less indulgent, more sweet and has a chocolate frosting – which can be brigadeiro. In Brazil, instead of adding grated carrots for texture, we blend them until smooth.
Brazilian Carrot Cake instructions
- Preheat oven 350°F & light grease a 9 inch baking pan. Set aside.
- Blend carrots, eggs, & veg oil until smooth. Feel free to add your extracts now (Optional).
- Sift flour, sugar, & baking powder together & mix. At this point feel free to add spice (optional)..
- Mix wet & dry ingredients together. Pour batter into your baking pan & Bake for 45 mins..
- For topping: melt ingredients in a medium pot/pan mix & use when cake is done.
This golden cake with shiny chocolate glaze is a Brazilian favorite perfect for an after school snack or for a mid-morning break with coffee. Carrots give the cake its bright yellow hue, but they're barely detectable in the flavor, which is like a rich butter cake. Yes, Brazilian carrot cake is very different from that in America and Europe. Besides not having raisins, walnuts, almonds and spices, the most interesting difference in this recipe is that the carrots are beaten and incorporated with the other ingredients. This gives the cake a beautiful, vibrant orange color.