Carrot cake. Different from traditional carrot cakes, this cake is extremely moist and flavorful and is topped with a buttermilk glaze while still warm. Try it and I think you will agree that it is the best!! My fiance LOVES carrot cake, and yesterday was his birthday so I decided to look for a carrot cake recipe.
Says that it rivals his favorite carrot cake recipe. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon. Carrot cake is moist, rich in flavor and melts in your mouth! You can have Carrot cake using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Carrot cake
- It’s 375 g of finely grated carrots.
- You need 100 g of raisins.
- It’s 450 g of all purepose flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of b. Soda.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of b. Powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 11/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg.
- It’s 1/2 of teaspon ginger.
- It’s 4 of large eggs.
- It’s 340 of white sugar.
- It’s 240 ml of oil.
- It’s 2 tsp of pure vanilla extract.
This scrumptious dessert is what everyone will be raving about! This truly is one of the best carrot cake recipes alone with whole wheat carrot cake bread, frosted carrot cake cookies or carrot cake cupcakes. All my carrot cake recipes are made with fresh carrots, the perfect blend of spices and a sweet, heavenly frosting! In a mixing bowl, mix sugar, vegetable oil, and eggs.
Carrot cake step by step
- Pre heat oven to 180°c.
- Grease 2 9"×2" (23cm×5cm) cake pans..
- Whisk flour and all dry ingredients..
- Beat the eggs until frothy, about a min., add sugar gradually and beat until thick and light coloured. 3 -4 min. Add oil in a steady stream and beat in vanilla..
- Add flour mixture and beat just until incorporated..
- Fold in grated carrots and raisins, divide between the pans and bake 25-30 mins. Or until a skewer comes out clean..
- Cool on a wire 10 mins then turn cakes on to a rack to cool completely..
- I did a simple lemon icing to cover.
In another bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. I like using all-purpose flour, but you can substitute some of the all-purpose flour for whole wheat or white whole wheat flour. For a gluten-free carrot cake, swap the flour for your favorite gluten-free flour blend. Baking soda helps the cake to rise. Salt, cinnamon, and vanilla extract make the cake taste amazing.