Classic carrot cake. In a large bowl, beat eggs, carrots, sugars, oil, drained pineapple and reserved juice until well blended. In a mixing bowl, mix sugar, vegetable oil, and eggs. In another bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and allspice. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, vegetable oil, granulated sugar, brown sugar and buttermilk until blended. This Classic Carrot Cake recipe comes directly from our Mom's cookbook. You can cook Classic carrot cake using 13 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Classic carrot cake
- You need of all purpose flour.
- Prepare of baking powder.
- You need of baking soda.
- It’s of oil.
- Prepare of big carrots (shredded).
- You need of pineapple (crushed).
- Prepare of castor sugar.
- It’s of hand full raisins.
- You need of cinnamon.
- You need of buttermilk.
- It’s of eggs.
- Prepare of vanilla essence.
- You need of hand full coconut flakes.
This recipe is part of my childhood, part of our family's history. The hearty, moist cake is chock full of delicious coconut, pineapple, shredded carrots, nuts and cinnamon. The cream cheese frosting is light, fluffy, perfection. To keep the tradition going in your own kitchen, consider trying other versions of carrot cake recipes that feature clever plays on classic flavors.
Classic carrot cake instructions
- Pre-heat oven to 180degrees, grease and dust your baking tin set a side. In a medium bowl shift flour, baking powder, baking soda,cinnamon set a side. In a large bowl combine eggs, butter milk, oil, sugar, and vanilla essence mix very well..
- Add flour mixture to the egg mixture and mix very well. In a medium bowl combine shredded carrots, coconut flakes, pineapple crushed and raisins……using a wooden spatula add carrot mixture to the batter, mix well, pour into your baking tin…..bake for 1hr 10mins or until a testing knife comes out clean……enjoy!.
In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Add the eggs, oil, carrots and vanilla; beat until combined. Stir in pineapple, coconut and nuts. At the Urban Farmer in Portland, Oregon, pastry chef Jodi Elliot prepares the ultimate. Classic old-fashioned carrots cake often include pineapple.