Banana crumb muffins. I followed the ingredients and instructions exactly. They were moist, had great banana flavor and we loved the crumb topping. This recipe will be my go-to banana muffin recipe from now on!
Mix bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter. Stir into dry mixture until thoroughly combined, then stop mixing. Banana Muffins are moist with a little cinnamon and nutmeg and topped with tons and tons of crumb topping. You can have Banana crumb muffins using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Banana crumb muffins
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 3 of ripe bananas.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of white sugar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of packed brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of canola oil.
- You need 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- Prepare of Crumb topping.
- You need 1/4 cup of packed brown sugar.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of salted butter.
This is the best homemade banana muffins recipe perfect for healthy breakfast! Banana Crumb Muffins are so easy to make with just a few simple ingredients! These fluffy and moist muffins are topped with a delicious cinnamon-spiced streusel topping and make a great breakfast or after-school snack. A simple recipe that freezes beautifully and produces big, bakery-style banana muffins.
Banana crumb muffins instructions
- Mash 3 ripe bananas with a fork. Beat in 1 egg, and mix in the white and brown sugar. Add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, and mix in 1/3 cup of canola oil..
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon..
- Fold in the banana mixture with the flour mixture. Mix until just combined..
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees celsius. Start making the crumb topping; Combine 1/4 cup brown sugar with 2 tablespoons all purpose flour and 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon. Cut in 1 tablespoon of cold butter until the mixture resembles course crumbs..
- Grease or line a muffin pan. Spoon the batter into the tins. 3/4 full. Sprinkle the top of each muffin with 1 tablespoon of the crumb topping..
- Bake at 190 degrees celsius for 18 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the muffin comes out clean..
- Leave the muffins to cool in the tins for 10-15 minutes. Slide a butter knife around the edges to remove, and place on a wire rack to cool completely..
These banana bread crumb muffins taste like something fresh from a bakery! The banana bread muffin is just that; moist, fluffy, tender banana bread in muffin form. And that cinnamony-sugar streusel crumb topping gives the perfect, light crunch on top. Seriously, I think these may be the best banana muffins I've ever had. They are super moist, tender, and just bursting with banana flavor in every bite Followed the recipe to the letter and wouldn't change a thing.