Carrot cake. Different from traditional carrot cakes, this cake is extremely moist and flavorful and is topped with a buttermilk glaze while still warm. Try it and I think you will agree that it is the best!! My fiance LOVES carrot cake, and yesterday was his birthday so I decided to look for a carrot cake recipe.
Says that it rivals his favorite carrot cake recipe. In a mixing bowl, mix sugar, vegetable oil, and eggs. In another bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. You can cook Carrot cake using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Carrot cake
- You need 2 cups of flour.
- It’s 2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 11/2 tsp of cinnamon (ground).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground ginger.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 3/4 cups of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 4 of eggs.
- You need 11 of / 2cup brown sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of apple sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of pure vanilla essence.
- Prepare 3 cups of grated carrots.
In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Add the eggs, oil, carrots and vanilla; beat until combined. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon. Carrot cake is moist, rich in flavor and melts in your mouth!
Carrot cake instructions
- Preheat oven at 180,line your baking tin.vln a.
- In large mixing bowl,whisk together flour,baking powder,baking soda,cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg & salt till all are well combined. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl,whisk together eggs,oil,brown sugar,granulated sugar,apple sauce and vanilla essence till well combined. Add the grated carrots into the wet ingredients and mix well.pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix with a whisk or machine, do not over mix.pour the batter into the prepared tons and bake till the skewer comes out clear, btwwn 30-35 mins..
This scrumptious dessert is what everyone will be raving about! This truly is one of the best carrot cake recipes alone with whole wheat carrot cake bread, frosted carrot cake cookies or carrot cake cupcakes. All my carrot cake recipes are made with fresh carrots, the perfect blend of spices and a sweet, heavenly frosting! I like using all-purpose flour, but you can substitute some of the all-purpose flour for whole wheat or white whole wheat flour. For a gluten-free carrot cake, swap the flour for your favorite gluten-free flour blend.