Sweet Blueberry Cornbread. Whisk together cornmeal, baking powder, salt, and remaining flour in a Sweet Blueberry Cornbread Skillet. Tags: blueberry cornbread, The Lady and Sons: Savannah Country Cookbook. Paula's famous Chicken and Waffles, Oven-Fried Catfish, Savannah Sloppy Joes, and Sweet Blueberry Corn Bread.
This recipe is an adaptation of a traditional A classic loaf of cornbread with a sweet and salty topping of caramelized onions and bacon pieces. Studded with sweet kernels of corn and juicy fresh blueberries, and just a bit of extra sweetness, this gluten free blueberry cornbread is summer's gift. For the vinaigrette: Put the blueberries, champagne vinegar, honey and lemon zest and juice in a small saucepan over medium. You can have Sweet Blueberry Cornbread using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sweet Blueberry Cornbread
- It’s 1 cup of cornmeal, I used stone-ground yellow cornmeal.
- You need 1 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar +1 tablespoon.
- It’s 3 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 cup of oil + 1 tablespoon.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of milk.
- It’s 2 of eggs beaten.
- It’s 1 cup of fresh blueberries.
These fluffy cornbread pancakes are soft, just a tad crumbly, and bursting with juicy blueberries! This is my favorite whole grain flour to use for sweet recipes like this. It's got a finer grain than regular. This Sweet Cornbread uses pantry friendly ingredients so you can make it any time – all the time!
Sweet Blueberry Cornbread instructions
- Preheat oven to 400..
- Place 6" cast iron with 1 tablespoon oil in oven.
- Or grease 8" pie plate or pan and set aside.
- Combine cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- Mix 1/2 cup oil, eggs and milk and add to dry ingredients.
- Mix just till uniform.
- Add blueberries, gently mix in.
- Let sit 5 minutes.
- Pour into pan and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, until top is golden.
The original buttermilk Sweet Cornbread recipe is just as sweet as cake and positively delish but I. A deliciously moist and dense cornbread with a topping of melted cheese. I made these little corn muffins just before my mom and sister arrived for a weekend visit a couple of weeks ago, and I almost wolfed them all down before. An abundance of juicy summer fruits marries well with sweetened cornbread crust in this easy, slow-cooker sweet. Did you even know that cornbread could be naughty?