Carrot Cake. Different from traditional carrot cakes, this cake is extremely moist and flavorful and is topped with a buttermilk glaze while still warm. Try it and I think you will agree that it is the best!! My fiance LOVES carrot cake, and yesterday was his birthday so I decided to look for a carrot cake recipe.
Says that it rivals his favorite carrot cake recipe. In a mixing bowl, mix sugar, vegetable oil, and eggs. In another bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. You can have Carrot Cake using 24 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Carrot Cake
- You need of Honeycomb:.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Granulated Sugar,.
- It’s 2 TBSP of Golden Syrup,.
- It’s 1 TBSP of Maple Syrup,.
- You need 2 TBSP of Water,.
- You need 2 TSP of Baking Soda,.
- Prepare of Cake Batter:.
- You need 150 g of Walnut Coarsely Chopped,.
- Prepare 500 ml of Fresh Carrot Juice,.
- Prepare 200 g of Unbleached All Purpose Flour,.
- It’s 1 1/2 TBSP of Baking Powder,.
- Prepare 1/2 TBSP of Baking Soda,.
- It’s 90 g of Caster Sugar,.
- It’s 90 g of Dark Muscovado Sugar,.
- It’s 1/4 TSP of Sea Salt,.
- You need 1/4 TSP of Ground Cinnamon,.
- It’s 1/4 TSP of Nutmeg Freshly Grated,.
- It’s 375 g of Carrots Freshly Shredded Preferably Organic,.
- Prepare 1/2 TBSP of Pure Vanilla Paste,.
- It’s of Fresh Orange Zest, 1/2 Orange.
- It’s of Canola / Peanut Oil, 120ml + More For Greasing.
- Prepare of For Serving:.
- Prepare 250 ml of Fresh Carrot Juice,.
- Prepare 250 ml of Fresh Orange Juice,.
In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Add the eggs, oil, carrots and vanilla; beat until combined. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon. Carrot cake is moist, rich in flavor and melts in your mouth!
Carrot Cake instructions
- Prepare the honeycomb. Lined baking tray with aluminium foil. Lightly grease the foil with oil. In a sauce pot, add sugar, golden syrup, maple syrup and water..
- Turn the heat up to medium high. Place in a candy thermometer. *Do not stir the mixture.*.
- Once the temperature reaches 148 degrees celsius or 300 fahrenheit, immediately remove from heat. *It is best to remove from heat just before it reaches that temperature as it will still continue cooking.* Immediately sieve in the baking soda..
- Stir lightly to combine well. You will see that the mixture will start to foam up rapidly. As soon as that happens, stop stirring and immediately transfer onto the baking tray. *Do not try to smoothen the surface as it will collapse.*.
- Set aside to cool down completely, preferably overnight. You can crack into smaller piece and store them in an airtight container. Prepare the cake batter..
- In a skillet over medium heat, add walnuts. Saute and toast the walnuts for about 1 to 2 mins. Remove from heat and set aside to cool completely. *Do not over toast the walnuts or it will turn bitter.*.
- In a sauce pot over medium-low heat, add carrot juice. Bring it up to a slow simmer. Continue to simmer until it reduce to about 1/4 cup or 63ml. Remove from heat and set aside to cool completely..
- Lightly grease the cake pan with oil. Lay parchment paper onto the bottom of the cake pan as well as the sides. Preheat oven to 190 degree celsius or 375 fahrenheit..
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, and salt. Mix to combine well. Add in cinnamon, nutmeg, shredded carrots, vanilla and orange zest. Mix to combine well. Mix, mix, mix..
- Lastly, add in carrot juice, oil and walnuts. Stir to combine well. Transfer the batter into the cake pan. Using an offset spatula to create an even surface..
- Wack into the oven and bake for about 40 to 45 mins. *When you insert a skewer into the cake, the skewer should come out clean.* Remove from oven and let cool completely. Unmold and cover with cling film and chill in the fridge at least for 48 hrs..
- To serve. In a sauce pot over medium-low heat, add carrot and orange juice. Bring it up to a slow simmer. Continue to simmer until it reduce to about 1/2..
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool completely. Spoon the reduced juice mixture onto serving plate. Place a slice of the carrot cake in the middle. Decorate with crack honeycomb pieces. Serve immediately..
This scrumptious dessert is what everyone will be raving about! This truly is one of the best carrot cake recipes alone with whole wheat carrot cake bread, frosted carrot cake cookies or carrot cake cupcakes. All my carrot cake recipes are made with fresh carrots, the perfect blend of spices and a sweet, heavenly frosting! I like using all-purpose flour, but you can substitute some of the all-purpose flour for whole wheat or white whole wheat flour. For a gluten-free carrot cake, swap the flour for your favorite gluten-free flour blend.