Turmeric Chicken Soup (Soto Ayam).
You can have Turmeric Chicken Soup (Soto Ayam) using 22 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Turmeric Chicken Soup (Soto Ayam)
- It’s of Blended Spice.
- It’s 5 of Shallots.
- You need 2 of Garlics.
- You need 1 cm of Ginger.
- You need 2 of Candlenuts.
- You need 5 tbsp of Water.
- Prepare of Boil.
- Prepare 1 of Chicken Breast.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Turmeric Powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Coriander Powder.
- You need 3 of Lime Leaves.
- It’s 1 of Lemongrass.
- Prepare 1-2 tsp of Salt (adjust for taste).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of White Pepper.
- You need 800 ml of Water (or 1 liter for extra soup!).
- Prepare of Condiments.
- Prepare 1 bundle of Glass/Rice Noodle.
- You need 1 of Hard-boiled Egg (optional).
- Prepare 1 of Green Onion.
- Prepare 1 of Bird's Eye Chili.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Fried Shallot.
- Prepare of Some lemon/lime juice for acidity.
Turmeric Chicken Soup (Soto Ayam) step by step
- Blend all the ingredients below the "Blended Spice" section until smooth..
- Boil 400 ml of water, add the blended spice and all the ingredients below the "Boil" section, simmer for 15-20 minutes..
- When the chicken is cooked, set aside, and shred it with forks..
- Arrange in a bowl: glass/rice noodle, shredded chicken, and hard-boiled egg. Pour the soup on it, and you can add other condiments (green onion, fried shallots, chili, and lemon/lime juice).
- Enjoy! If you want to eat it the Indonesian way, add some rice and you're all set (yes, two carbs won't hurt!)..