Easy Yakitori at Home.
You can cook Easy Yakitori at Home using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy Yakitori at Home
- Prepare 6 of Chicken thigh meat.
- You need 1 of Salt and pepper.
- You need 1 of The white part of a Japanese leek.
- Prepare of (The sauce).
- You need 5 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Mirin.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Sake.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Honey (or increase the amount of the sugar).
Easy Yakitori at Home step by step
- Remove the skin from the chicken, chop into your preferred pieces, and place in a bowl. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and let it sit for about 5 minutes to flavor the chicken..
- In the meantime, cut the white part of the Japanese leeks into 2 cm slices. If they are too thin, they'll fall apart when you try to skewer them so be careful there..
- Put the chicken in a frying pan without oil, and lightly fry until it's cooked half way through. It's ok if it's still a little red..
- Turn off the heat, and skewer the chicken in the pan. Skewer the white part of the Japanese leeks as well. Please be careful because they are hot..
- When the pan has been greased from the chicken, discard a little bit of the excess oil. Add all the sauce ingredients and bring to a boil (the sauce is done)..
- Grill both sides of the skewered chicken on a grill while dipping in the sauce or brushing it occasionally, then it's done..