Blueberry "Double" Corn Bread. Here blueberries (or blackberries) and corn make a fun match. The sunny cornmeal batter comes together quickly and looks gorgeous on top of the deep-dark View image. Double Corn-Blueberry Cobbler. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.
Add the liquid mixture to the dry mixture, stirring only until all ingredients are moistened. Gluten Free Confetti Buttermilk Pancake Mix. Looking for an easy cornbread recipe? You can have Blueberry "Double" Corn Bread using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Blueberry "Double" Corn Bread
- You need 125 g of flour (1 U.S. cup).
- It’s 125 g of cornmeal (3/4 U.S. cup).
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of natural cane sugar (or your favorite).
- Prepare 2 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 4 Tbsp (60 g) of melted unsalted butter or canola oil.
- It’s 240 ml of milk or yogurt (1 U.S. cup).
- You need 2 of eggs.
- You need 60 g of fresh or unthawed frozen corn (4-5 Tbsp).
- You need 60 g of frozen or fresh blueberries (5 Tbsp, I used frozen).
- Prepare of Baking pan: I used a 8 in (21 cm) round baking pan with 2 in (5 cm) high sides.
This Double Pumpkin Cornbread from Good Housekeeping takes less than an hour and is made in one single skillet. Frozen corn enhances the texture and flavor of hearty cornbread without a lot of extra expense. Cornbread makes a great side with any fall dish, so cooking it on the EGG just seems natural! Recipe adapted from Maple Leaf Duck Farms.
Blueberry "Double" Corn Bread instructions
- Preheat oven to 200C/400F..
- Mix flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt and baking powder in a large bowl..
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk. If using oil instead of butter, mix that in now too..
- Pour the egg & milk mixture into the flour. If using butter, pour in the melted butter now. Stir until combined..
- In a small bowl, dust the corn and blueberries with a tablespoon of flour to help absorb the extra moisture..
- Gently fold the corn and the blueberries into the batter..
- Grease the baking pan with oil or butter. Pour the batter in and smooth out the top so it's level..
- Bake for 25-30 minutes at 200C/400F, or until a skewer poked in the middle comes out clean. (A good sign is that the top is starting to turn golden brown) Depending on your oven and exact size of the pan, the time could differ so start checking after 20 minutes. Mine took almost 30 minutes in a 8 in (21 cm) cake pan with 2 in (5 cm) sides..
- Let cool for a few minutes. Serve warm with soup, chili or works well as a breakfast bread!.
I did some campfire cooking in the past using my double bowl set up. Sometimes baking in a set up like this the center doesn't get done in a common pan. Blueberry Muffin Bread Recipe Best Blueberry Muffins Blue Berry Muffins Blueberries Muffins Perfect Soft and Fluffy Dinner Rolls – NO HAND KNEADING! double brushed with butter and topped Cheddar Jalapeno Cornbread Recipe – Eating on a Dime. Looking for a new type of corn bread? Use fresh or frozen blueberries and a homemade or purchased crust for this classic blueberry pie recipe.