Chicken Cordon Bleu with Cheese Sauce. This Swiss cheese sauce is great for putting over chicken cordon bleu, but can also be used over egg dishes, vegetables, etc. It did need more salt than the recipe called for but other than this this was perfect as written. I sometimes struggle with getting cheese sauces to melt but this one worked like a.
Chicken stuffed with ham and cheese, coated with crunchy golden breadcrumbs. The classic way to make Chicken Cordon Bleu involves breast pounded until thin, layered with ham and cheese, rolled into a log, chilled, dredged in flour then egg then breadcrumbs. Add the mustard, Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper and whisk to combine. You can have Chicken Cordon Bleu with Cheese Sauce using 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Cordon Bleu with Cheese Sauce
- You need 4-5 of thin chicken breasts.
- It’s of Deli style ham.
- Prepare of flour.
- You need 2 of eggs, beaten.
- You need 2 cups of Panko bread crumbs.
- You need 1/2 c of Mozzarella cheese.
- It’s 1/2 c of Parmesan cheese.
- It’s 8 slices of Swiss cheese.
- Prepare 1/4 c of Cream cheese.
- It’s of milk.
- It’s of butter.
- Prepare of s&p.
Remove the pan from the heat. Slice the chicken and serve drizzled with Dijon sauce. The BEST, EASIEST Chicken Cordon Bleu with a delicious creamy homemade cheese sauce your entire family and friends will LOVE. I'm showing you step-by-step how to make a gourmet chicken cordon bleu (with a homemade cream sauce) roll up, with no hammering out any meat, in just.
Chicken Cordon Bleu with Cheese Sauce instructions
- S & P the chicken.
- Cut swiss cheese and ham into long slices..
- Place about 3-5 slices of cheese and ham onto chicken breast and roll. (Allow ham and chese to hang over side of chicken you are rolling and leave some space with no ham and cheese at bottom so it isn't oozing out) (about half of cheese will be remaining, set aside for sauce) Use toothpicks to hold chicken in place..
- Dip chicken into flour..
- Dip chicken into beaten egg..
- Dip chicken into mixture of bread crumbs and 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese.(set remaining cheese aside for sauce).
- Bake chicken at 375° for 1 hour.
- For the sauce: make a roux with 2 tbsp butter and flour..
- Add milk and stir until creamy..
- Add remaining swiss cheese, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan and cream cheese and cook on low, stirring often, until cheese is melted and sauce is creamy..
- Smother chicken with cheese sauce and enjoy!.
Our skillet version of this popular dish features sautéed chicken breasts topped with ham and Swiss cheese all simmered in a creamy white wine sauce. Chicken Cordon Bleu with Dijon Cream Sauce is an easy dinner you family will love. Tender boneless skinless chicken breasts are pounded thin, stuffed with swiss cheese and ham, coated with parmesan and bread crumbs, then baked to perfection. Aside from Swiss cheese, many chicken cordon bleu recipes also use Parmesan cheese. Parmesan cheese delivers a delicious flavor mix of Chicken cordon bleu is usually served with a mustard cheese sauce or hollandaise.