Satay – Malaysian Satay.
You can cook Satay – Malaysian Satay using 22 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Satay – Malaysian Satay
- It’s of A Chicken.
- It’s 2 kg of Chicken Breast.
- Prepare of B Blend.
- Prepare 1 of large red onion.
- Prepare 2 of large brown onion.
- It’s 3 of garlics.
- Prepare 5 slices of ginger.
- Prepare 5 slices of galangal.
- It’s 6 of long stalks of lemon grass.
- It’s of (Thinly sliced before blending).
- You need of C Spices.
- You need 1 tbsp of cumin powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of tumeric powder.
- You need 3 tbsp of Fennel powder.
- Prepare 2 C of white sugar.
- It’s 1 C of coconut sugar.
- Prepare of (Or use only 3-4 C white sugar).
- Prepare of D Glazing.
- You need of Paste from the marination.
- You need of Few tbsp of cooking oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Honey.
- You need of Bamboo / metal skewers.
Satay – Malaysian Satay step by step
- A – cut/cube chicken breast no bigger than a size of a thumb. Blend ingredients in B & prepare ingredients in C..
- Marinate chicken in B (blended ingredients) & C (spices), preferably few hours or overnight..
- Thread chicken onto skewers, keeping some of the paste for later use. If using bamboo skewers, soak them for at least an hour before using. Next, Preheat grill to medium heat. Place skewers on the grill, cook, turning satays & occasionally brushing them with the paste from earlier (mixed with oil & honey). Grill until satays are completely done..
- Serve with peanut sauce/gravy. Recipe for peanut is available..