Aunt Martha's Banana Bread. With an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Here is how you cook that. Ingredients of Aunt Martha's Banana Bread.
Using an offset spatula, spread frosting evenly over bottom half. Top with remaining half; slice and serve. Mash the bananas in a bowl. You can cook Aunt Martha's Banana Bread using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Aunt Martha's Banana Bread
- You need 1 cup of Sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of Shortening.
- It’s 2 of Eggs.
- It’s 3 large of rip bananas mashed.
- You need 1 tsp of Baking soda.
- Prepare 2 cup of Flour.
- You need 1 tsp of Vanilla.
- You need 1 cup of Chopped walnuts.
Add all the remaining ingredients and mix well with a wooden spoon. Bake in a buttered loaf pan until a toothpick stuck into the bread comes out. In the life of a banana, the time between "perfectly ripe" and "overripe" can be but a fleeting moment. That's why banana bread was invented!
Aunt Martha's Banana Bread step by step
- Cream sugar and shortening together..
- Add eggs and blend well..
- Add mashed bananas and blend well..
- Add flour a little at a time until mixed..
- Add vanilla and walnuts. Mix well..
- Bake in loaf pan at 375 for 50 minutes to an hour..
And that's just the beginning: Transform your past-prime fruit into first-rate muffins, cakes, cupcakes, cookies, and more. In a large bowl, stir together the melted butter and sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla, mix well. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt, stir into the butter mixture until smooth. Finally, fold in the sour cream, walnuts and bananas.