Char Siew Honey Glazed BBQ Pork. Subscribe, Like & Share if you enjoyed this video to support channel. Thank you Chinese BBQ Pork Recipe BBQ Pork (Char Siu): Known for its distinctive red color and shiny glaze, Char Siu pork is both incredibly Add the additional two tablespoons of honey to the glaze.
Delicious char siu is achievable at home in an oven or on a grill! Originated from the Canton region of China, Char Siu is also known as Char Siew, Cha Siu, Cha Shao, or 叉燒 and so on. This honey glazed Chinese barbecued pork has that slightly charred and signature mahogany color finish with an addicting. You can cook Char Siew Honey Glazed BBQ Pork using 19 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Char Siew Honey Glazed BBQ Pork
- You need of Pork Butt / Neck / Belly.
- Prepare of Marinade Glaze Sauce.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of Hoisin sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of oyster sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of dark soy sauce.
- You need 2 cubes of fermented red beancurd.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of tomato ketchup.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of honey / maltose.
- Prepare 2 tsp of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of five spice powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of sesame oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Shaoxing wine.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of water.
- You need of Cornstarch solution.
- You need of Minced garlic.
- You need of Spring onion.
- It’s bag of Zip lock.
Try this Chinese-style grilled pork with a sweet-and-sour marinade next time you break out the charcoal grill. A whole butt roast makes a lot, so I portion it up and freeze pieces for later use. Char siu, or Chinese BBQ Pork, is a delicious Cantonese roast meat. Growing up in the Catskills, the first time I saw this Chinese BBQ pork, or char siu, was at the Holiday Inn of all places.
Char Siew Honey Glazed BBQ Pork instructions
- You can use pork butt, neck or belly, cut in a long strip. Try different cut, it gives you different texture. Poke hole on the meat to tenderize it. Cut out the skin maybe a good option as skin is tough and chewy. Marinate pork meat in a zip lock bag with Ingredient sauce. Leave it overnight in the fridge..
- Pre heat oven to 150 degree celcius. Roast meat for 8 minutes. Take out the meat and glaze with sauce. Bake for another 8 minutes. Take out meat and glaze again. Repeat the process a few rounds till meat turns dark red. BBQ for another 15 minutes in high heat 180 to 200 degree celcius until some Char or black part appear. Take out, cool it down, cut and serve..
My father, the hotel restaurant's head chef at the time, used a closely guarded recipe of Chinese sauces, lots of. Char Siew, Chinese Roasted BBQ Pork, 叉燒. Honey Roasted BBQ Pork (Char Siu). When the pork is done, slice and serve with white rice and bok choy. BBQ pork belly char siu is the epitome of Cantonese BBQ.