‘Nikomi’ Simmered Udon Soup.
You can cook ‘Nikomi’ Simmered Udon Soup using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of ‘Nikomi’ Simmered Udon Soup
- You need 2 of servings Cooked Udon Noodles *Frozen type recommended.
- You need 2 of Shiitake.
- It’s 2 of Chickuwa (Fish Sausages) OR/AND 4 Fish Balls.
- Prepare 1 of Bok Choy OR other Green Leafy Vegetable.
- Prepare 2 of Spring Onions.
- It’s 2 of Eggs.
- It’s of *Note: The above ingredients are suggestions. You can add Chicken, other Asian Mushrooms, Tofu, and etc.
- It’s of <Soup>.
- You need 2 cups of Dashi Stock *OR 2 cups Water & 1 teaspoon Dashi Powder.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of Sake (Rice Wine).
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of Salt.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Soy Sauce.
- It’s 1/2 tablespoon of Mirin.
‘Nikomi’ Simmered Udon Soup instructions
- If you use Frozen Udon, place in a heat-proof bowl, pour over boiling hot water and loosen the noodles, then drain..
- Heat all the soup ingredients in a large saucepan or pot. Today I used a clay pot called ‘Donabe’ in Japanese..
- Add Udon Noodles and other ingredients, and bring to the simmer. Eggs can be added at the end of the cooking process. When Udon Noodles are soft and vegetables are cooked, it is ready to enjoy..
- *Note: Cold Eggs straight from the fridge takes time to be cooked. Crack an Egg into a small cup and microwave at medium power about 500-600W for 30 seconds, then place it in the soup. And repeat with another Egg. This way Eggs can be cooked quickly in the soup..