Carrot cake. Different from traditional carrot cakes, this cake is extremely moist and flavorful and is topped with a buttermilk glaze while still warm. Try it and I think you will agree that it is the best!! My fiance LOVES carrot cake, and yesterday was his birthday so I decided to look for a carrot cake recipe.
Says that it rivals his favorite carrot cake recipe. In a mixing bowl, mix sugar, vegetable oil, and eggs. In another bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. You can cook Carrot cake using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Carrot cake
- You need of all purpose flour.
- You need of eggs.
- It’s of sugar.
- Prepare of baking soda.
- You need of baking powder.
- Prepare of cinnamon.
- Prepare of ginger.
- You need of salt.
- Prepare of vanilla.
- Prepare of oil.
- Prepare of grated carrots.
- You need of peanuts..crushed (optional.
- It’s of mixed fruits(optional).
In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Add the eggs, oil, carrots and vanilla; beat until combined. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon. Add the carrots and nuts, and mix until just blended.
Carrot cake instructions
- Mix oil, sugar,eggs and vanilla.
- Sieve and Add flour, baking soda,baking powder, ginger, cinnamon into the wet ingredients and mix gently.
- Add the carrots, nuts and mixed fruits..
- Bake on 180 for 30 min or until ready.
Allow the cake(s) to cool completely before frosting. I like using all-purpose flour, but you can substitute some of the all-purpose flour for whole wheat or white whole wheat flour. For a gluten-free carrot cake, swap the flour for your favorite gluten-free flour blend. Baking soda helps the cake to rise. Salt, cinnamon, and vanilla extract make the cake taste amazing.