Banana Berry Muffins. Mash bananas in a large mixing bowl. Combine dry ingredients and gently stir into banana mixture. Banana Berry Muffins In Pembina, North Dakota, Alyce Wyman bakes up these moist muffins with a sweet nut topping. "The original recipe called for bran cereal with raisins," she says. "But I was out of that cereal one day, so I used plain bran flakes and added blueberries instead of raisins.
Stir in berries just until combined. Combine flour, white sugar, salt and baking powder. Pour this into flour mixture and mix. You can have Banana Berry Muffins using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Banana Berry Muffins
- Prepare of Non-stick cooking spray.
- You need 4 tablespoons of applesauce.
- You need 1/4 cup of sugar.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of egg mix.
- You need 2 of ripe bananas.
- You need 2 tablespoons of water.
- It’s 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1/4 cup of whole wheat flour.
- It’s 1/4 cup of quick cooking oats.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/4 cup of blueberries or strawberries (fresh or frozen).
Add mashed banana, then fold in blueberries and raspberries. Stir in remaining ingredients except blueberries just until flour is moistened. Banana Blueberry Muffins are bursting with blueberries and are so easy to make with simple ingredients! Brown sugar, three bananas, and lots of berries make these muffins moist and delicious for days.
Banana Berry Muffins instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray..
- In a medium-size bowl, combine applesauce, sugar, egg mix, banana, and water. Mix well..
- In a large bowl mix flours, oats, baking powder, baking soda, and salt..
- 4. Add the applesauce mixture to the bowl with the dry ingredients; mix just until the batter is moist..
- 5. Gently add berries into the mixture..
- 6. Fill each muffin cup about 3/4 full of batter..
- 7. Bake for 25-30 minutes until lightly brown..
- 8. Cool for 10 minutes and remove from pan..
A perfect freezable snack or breakfast treat that the whole family will love! Banana Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins are so juicy and moist! These healthier blueberry muffins are a spin off from our popular muffins recipe. We add whole grains, ripe bananas and reduce the sugar. These banana blueberry muffins are lower in calories and sugar, but still taste great!