Indonesian Chicken Soup (Soto Ayam). Soto ayam, an Indonesian version of chicken soup, is a clear herbal broth brightened by fresh turmeric and herbs, with skinny rice noodles buried in the bowl. It is served with a boiled egg, fried. Soto ayam is a chicken soup dish originated from Indonesia and is popular in Malaysia and Singapore.
To make the chicken stock, heat the vegetable oil in large stock pot over high heat. Soto Ayam is a classic chicken soup from Indonesia but also popular in Singapore and Malaysia. It's traditionally served with vermicelli noodles (or Bihun/Bee Hoon), shredded chicken, and eggs. You can have Indonesian Chicken Soup (Soto Ayam) using 27 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Indonesian Chicken Soup (Soto Ayam)
- You need of For Broth.
- You need of Chicken (i use around 300gr).
- You need 1 litre of Water for boil.
- Prepare 3 of Bay Leaves.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Lemon grass powder (fresh will be better).
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried Galangal (fresh will better).
- It’s 1 tbsp of ginger powder + 1 dried ginger (fresh will be better).
- Prepare 1 tsp of coriander seeds.
- It’s 2 tbsp of turmeric powder.
- It’s 5 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 2 of shallots (i used red onion).
- Prepare 1 tsp of white pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin powder.
- It’s 2 of candlenuts.
- You need 1/4 of nutmeg since i dont wan't strong taste of it.
- It’s of Salt.
- It’s of For Servings.
- It’s of Boiled eggs.
- You need of White cabbage – shredded.
- You need of Green onion – chopped.
- Prepare of Bean sprouts.
- You need of Perkedel.
- Prepare of Fried onion (see in my other recipe).
- Prepare of Vermicelli noodles (i don't have, i use rice).
- Prepare of Kaffir limes (i use lemon).
- It’s of Sambal (chili sauce/ paste).
- It’s of Sweet soya sauce.
In addition, the soup is topped with bean sprouts, cabbage, fried shallots, cilantro, Chinese celery, and krupuk or emping. Soto ayam is chicken noodle soup – Indonesian style. Put the chicken, water, and salt in a saucepan. Bring to the boil, cover, lower heat, and simmer gently until the chicken is soft.
Indonesian Chicken Soup (Soto Ayam) step by step
- Prepare Pot, put 1 litre water. Boil it. Add chicken and bay leaves.
- Smash garlic, candlenuts, coriander seeds, ginger, galangal, nutmeg and onion until it become paste (you can use food processor).
- Fry the paste add turmeric powder, lemongrass powder, cumin powder, salt & white pepper.
- Add the fried seasonings above into pot.
- After the chicken cooked well take chicken, let it cool and shred it..
- Meanwhile prepare for servings, soak bean sprouts and white cabbage in hot water until it soft and rinse it.
- The servings, shredded white cabbage, tomatoes, bean sprouts, shredded chicken, chopped green onions, boiled eggs, fried onion, fritter potato (Perkedel/ frikadel).
- Meanwhile prepare your bowl, fill with vermicelli / rice / rice cake shredded cabagge, bean sprouts, sambal, green onion, boiled egg halved, add the broth. Add fried onion & perkedel.
- With rice cake (Lontong).
When the chicken is cool enough to handle, discard the skin and remove the flesh from the bones, shredding it finely by hand. Soto Ayam is a chicken noodle soup popular in Malaysia and Indonesia. Soto ayam, an Indonesian version of chicken soup, is a clear herbal broth brightened by fresh turmeric and herbs, with skinny rice noodles buried in the bowl. It is served with a boiled egg, fried. Soto Ayam (Indonesian Yellow Chicken Soup) is another popular dish in Indonesia.