Surprise Banana Muffins. Prepare banana bread batter according to package directions, using milk, oil and eggs. Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full. Place a peanut butter cup in the center of each; spoon remaining batter over top.
Add egg, oil and banana; mix until moistened. Add teaspoon of jelly, then top with some more of mixture. Line a muffin pan with paper liners. You can have Surprise Banana Muffins using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Surprise Banana Muffins
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of sugar.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of baking powder.
- You need 1/3 cup of canola oil.
- Prepare 1 of large egg.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of milk.
- It’s 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 of banana.
Whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in medium bowl. In a separate bowl, combine bananas, brown sugar, white sugar, beaten egg, vanilla and melted butter. These cinnamon banana bread muffins were a nice surprise for me. They bake up perfectly round and tall each time!
Surprise Banana Muffins step by step
- Heat the oven to 400° F.
- Line mufffin tray with 9 paper linners. Add 2 tablespoons of water to the remaining spaces so that the muffins cook evenly..
- Mix the dry ingrediants (flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder) in a large bowl..
- Mix wet ingriedients (oil, milk, egg, and vanilla) in a seprate bowl..
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture bowl and stir togeather, but do not over mix..
- Add half of the batter to the muffin tray and the put a slice of banana on top of each muffin..
- Add rest of batter to muffin tray and add another piece of banana to top of muffins..
- Put in oven for 20 – 25 minutes.
- Take out of oven and let cool for 10 minutes..
They're light but still dense with lots of banana flavor. And they have the surprise of a buttery cinnamon & sugar topping that is just incredible. Cream together butter and sugar then mix in lightly beaten eggs. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg together in a small bowl. Stir together flour, wheat germ, baking powder, salt and brown sugar.