Double Chocolate Banana Muffins (or Bread). Regardless, here's how you make double chocolate banana muffins: Whisk together melted butter, dark brown sugar, egg, and vanilla Whisk in mashed bananas <- make sure they're super ultra ripe for maximum flavor Stir in flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt Double Chocolate Banana Muffins All the best flavor and texture of your favorite banana bread, with chocolate in the batter AND chocolate chips throughout. These muffins only require one bowl, and are so quick and easy to whip up. The ideal breakfast for chocolate + banana lovers.
Visit BreadDad.com for more great muffin recipes. In a separate bowl, whisk bananas, oil and egg until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. You can have Double Chocolate Banana Muffins (or Bread) using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Double Chocolate Banana Muffins (or Bread)
- You need 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour.
- It’s 3/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp. of salt.
- You need 3 of medium spotty bananas (or 2 large).
- You need 1/2 cup of – 3/4 cup brown sugar.
- It’s 2 of large eggs, at room temperature.
- You need 1/2 cup of milk, at room temperature.
- It’s 2 tsp. of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled.
- It’s 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips.
Chocolate banana bread in muffin form. These double chocolate banana muffins are super moist, not too sweet and filled with big banana flavor. These chocolate banana muffins are the perfect way to get your chocolate fix and use up those brown bananas. Double Chocolate Banana Bread Chocolate meets banana in this version of one of the most popular breads we know.
Double Chocolate Banana Muffins (or Bread) instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a standard size muffin tin pan or line with parchment liners and set it aside..
- In a large bowl, whisk together both of the flours, the cocoa powder, the baking soda and the salt until well combined and set it aside..
- In a seperate large bowl, mash the bananas. Then whisk in the eggs, sugar (if your bananas are super brown and spotty, you can use only 1/2 cup. If they're still pretty yellow, use 3/4 cup), milk, vanilla and melted butter until combined. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir until just combined. Then fold in the dark chocolate chips..
- Scoop the muffin batter into the prepared pan, filling all the way to the top. Bake for 17-20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out mostly clean. Let them cool in the pan for 10 or so minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely..
- For bread, pour the batter into a greased 9"x5" loaf pan, lined with a sheet of parchment paper hanging over each side. Bake for 45-50 minutes, until a toothpick comes out mostly clean. Let cool in the pan for 10 or so minutes, then lift it out of the pan and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely..
We like to make two mini loaves so one can be eaten straight away, and the other can be tucked away for later. Check out my classic banana bread, chocolate chunk banana muffins, and fluffernutter banana bread too! Anyway, you guys, I don't care what time of day you eat this chocolate banana bread, but I really hope you take the time to make it and give it a try. Line a muffin tin with paper liners. These double chocolate banana bread muffins bring together two of my favorite sweet ingredients, to make a super easy fool-proof treat that anyone can bake.