Banana bread. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended.
Add the banana mixture to the creamed mixture and stir until combined. When life gives you bananas, it's time to make banana bread. Bake bananas into sweet loaves of goodness, with nuts, chocolate, or plain and delicious. You can have Banana bread using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Banana bread
- Prepare 2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of butter.
- It’s 3 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 3 of large eggs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 4 of large banana crushed.
Store overly-ripe bananas in the freezer until you have enough to make bread. Cut up thick slices of the bread and freeze them for a lunch box treat or for an on-the-go breakfast, toasted and spread with peanut or almond butter. To keep banana bread moist, let it cool completely on a cooling rack. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt.
Banana bread instructions
- In a bowl combine flour, salt, nutmeg and baking powder.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add beaten eggs to creamed sugar and butter.
- Mix well.
- Add crushed bananas and vanilla.
- Now mix in the flour with the nutmeg, salt and baking powder into wet mix.
- Mix until smooth.
- Bake @ 185°F Celsius for 50-60 minutes or until a tooth pick is interested and comes out dry.
The beauty of this banana bread recipe is you don't need a fancy mixer! A mixing bowl, a fork to whisk the eggs and a sturdy spoon to mix the batter are all you need. The key to a loaf of delightful banana bread is its moistness. Here are some tips and tricks to ensure that your banana bread doesn't turn dry: The bananas have to be over-ripe. To make banana bread, you'll need pretty straightforward ingredients.