Indonesian Yellow Chicken Soup (Soto Ayam).
You can have Indonesian Yellow Chicken Soup (Soto Ayam) using 20 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Indonesian Yellow Chicken Soup (Soto Ayam)
- You need 1 of whole kampong chicken, take out the skin (optional but i prefer less oily soup).
- It’s of boiled eggs.
- Prepare of shredded cabbage (boil a while till soften).
- It’s of beansprout (boil a while, try not to overcook it).
- You need glass of noodle/mung bean noodle (boil till softened).
- Prepare of tomatoes (cut into pieces).
- Prepare of spring onion (for garnish).
- It’s of fried shallot (for garnish).
- You need of lime, sweet soya sauce and chilli.
- You need of Put in the blender to make a paste (spices paste) :.
- You need 8 of shallots.
- Prepare 4 of garlics.
- You need 4 cm of fresh turmeric (i used turmeric powder as i dont have the fresh one at home, but my soup looks a bit pale).
- Prepare 4 cm of fresh ginger.
- You need 3 pcs of candle nuts.
- It’s 1 tsp of corriander seeds.
- Prepare of Additional spices: (no need to put in blender).
- It’s 2 pcs of bay leaves.
- You need 5 pcs of lime leaves.
- It’s 4 stalks of lemongrass (smashed).
Indonesian Yellow Chicken Soup (Soto Ayam) step by step
- Homemade chilli (super spicy): 10 chilli padi, cut into small pieces. Boil chopped chillies in a little bit of water till very soft, reserve the water (do not let the water to dry up, otherwise will get burnt). Mashed with fork. Add salt, sugar, chicken seasoning powder to taste..
- Heat up 2 tbsp of oil, stir fry the paste spices till fragrant. Add in the remaining spices (bay leaves, lime leaves and lemongrass). Stir fry for an additional 2-3 mins..
- Boil about 4 lt of water. Add the chicken and the all the spices (paste and remaining spices). Cooked till chicken is soft. (stove pressure cooker about 15 mins, no pressure cooker maybe an hour).
- Add salt, pepper, chicken seasoning to taste..
- To serve: In a bowl, arrange the glass noddle, cabbage, bean sprout, chopped tomatoes, boiled egg, shredded chicken meat, spring onion, fried shallots, and pour the soup over it. We like to add: black sweet soya sauce, lime and chilli 🙂 Enjoy!.