Chicken Cordon Bleu. A delicious French classic, chicken cordon bleu is made of chicken breasts stuffed with ham and Swiss cheese. Chicken stuffed with ham and cheese, coated with crunchy golden breadcrumbs. You'd swear it's fried – but it's baked.
A cordon bleu or schnitzel cordon bleu is a dish of meat wrapped around cheese (or with cheese filling), then breaded and pan-fried or deep-fried. Classic Chicken Cordon Bleu is breaded and then fried. We opted to skip the frying and bake ours instead. You can cook Chicken Cordon Bleu using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Cordon Bleu
- It’s of Main.
- It’s of Chicken breasts (skinless and boneless).
- You need of Butter.
- It’s of Salt.
- You need of Paprika.
- Prepare of Bread crumbs.
- Prepare 2-3 pcs of Eggs.
- It’s of Ham.
- You need of Swiss cheese.
It takes what is otherwise a tedious recipe and simplifies it a bit. Chicken cordon bleu is one of those meal-in-one dishes, which appeals to my family's tastes in different ways. It has the crispy exterior from the breadcrumb mixture that the kids enjoy. Chicken Cordon Bleu is usually stuffed with ham and Swiss cheese, but you can use any cheese your family likes such as mozzarella or Gruyere.
Chicken Cordon Bleu instructions
- Melt butter in medium heat. Sprinkle salt and paprika on the melted butter..
- Cut a slit on the thick part of the chicken to make a thinner and wider size..
- Brush chicken with the seasoned melted butter..
- Place the ham and swiss cheese then roll the chicken from one side towards the other side. Fasten or lock the roll with a toothpick..
- Whisk eggs and add the remaining melted butter..
- Dip the chicken rolls into the egg, then dredge with breadcrumbs. Repeat this step twice for better coating..
- Fry or bake coated chicken rolls. Don't forget to remove toothpicks after cooking..
- Serve with white sauce..
This classic dish features chicken breasts stuffed with thin slices of ham and cheese that are then coated in breadcrumbs and pan-fried. recipes. This lightened version of Chicken Cordon Bleu remains tres délicieuse despite a modest amount of butter. Fix mashed potatoes and a side of green beans while the chicken bakes. Baked chicken cordon bleu is a classic dish that is so well-loved for a reason. Ham and Swiss cheese are wrapped up in a chicken cutlet, coated in breadcrumbs and baked to perfection.