Soto ayam (chicken and bean sprouts soup). Soto ayam is a traditional Indonesian dish which uses ingredients such as chicken, lontong, noodles, and vermicelli. Soto ayam is popular in Singapore ,Malaysia and Suriname. Turmeric is added as one of its main ingredients which makes the yellow chicken broth.
Here is how you cook it. Soto ayam is the Indonesian chicken noodle soup prepared with unique local spices. It is lo popular in Malaysia and Singapore. You can have Soto ayam (chicken and bean sprouts soup) using 22 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Soto ayam (chicken and bean sprouts soup)
- Prepare 1/2 half of big whole chicken breast.
- You need 2 of litter water.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of oil.
- You need 2 stalk of lemon grass, bruised.
- It’s 3 of kaffir lime leaves.
- Prepare 50 g of glass noodles,cut, soaked in hot water until tender, drained.
- It’s 100 gram of short bean sprouts, balanced, drained.
- Prepare 3 of spring onions, chopped.
- It’s 2 of spring Chinese parsley, sliced.
- It’s 1-2 tablespoon of fried shallots (u can buy in Asian grocery).
- Prepare 75 gram of potatoes chips.
- Prepare 4 of hard boiled eggs, quartered.
- It’s of Sweet soy sauce and lime juice and sambal.
- You need of Oil for deep frying.
- It’s of Spices (ground).
- It’s 1 teaspoon of chopped ginger.
- It’s 2 teaspoon of chopped turmeric.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of peppercorns.
- It’s 5 of candlenuts roasted.
- Prepare 5 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 3 of shallots.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
It has a rich savory flavor. Soto ayam is a chicken soup dish originated from Indonesia and is popular in Malaysia and Singapore. However, you have to take a paradigm shift. Soto Ayam is a chicken soup popular in Malaysia and Indonesia.
Soto ayam (chicken and bean sprouts soup) step by step
- Heat 3 tablespoon oil and saute the ground spices, lemon grass and kaffir lime leaves until fragrant, then add the stock..
- Continue to simmer over low heat about 15 minutes, add the chicken in the stock until tender..
- Remove chicken, add little bit of water into the stock then taste. Set asides. Deef fry the chicken until crispy, then shred finely..
- To serve: Arange glass noodles, been sprouts, chicken, spring onions, Chinese parsley and fried shallots in a bowl, and poring boiling stock over. Garnish with potato chips and boiled egg. Serve with sambal, sweet soy sauce and lime juice..
- Note: you also can use shrimp crackers blended and put on the top of soup as Garnishing..
This soto ayam recipe is easy, authentic and the best recipe you will find online. To serve, cook the rice noodles, bean sprouts and then add the soup and chicken to a serving bowl. Add the toppings of hard-boiled egg, chopped. This soup/stew is full of flavours and textures. The recipe is adapted from Wendy Hutton's beautiful book 'Green Mangoes and Lemon Grass'.