Banana Pecan Muffins. Banana pecan muffins are my favorite kind of muffin, and this is the best version I have found by far. They are perfectly moist and packed with banana flavor. Follow these tips, and add one extra (easy) step, and you'll turn an average banana muffin into a spectacular one.
Lovely flavored Banana Pecan Muffins that will fill you for hours and give you the energy to start your day right. These healthy muffins pack a major protein punch and they are loaded with warm flavors of banana and cinnamon. Chopped pecans add a delicate crunch and pair beautifully with the sweetness from the banana. You can cook Banana Pecan Muffins using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Banana Pecan Muffins
- It’s 3 of ripe bananas, mashed.
- You need 1/3 cup of pecan liquor.
- It’s 3 tbsp of honey.
- You need 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of canola oil.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of wheat flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 of turbanado sugar for topping.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of pecans, chopped.
This easy banana muffin recipe starts with overripe bananas which are mixed with butter (instead of oil), egg and sugar. Using butter in place of oil produces the perfect crumb and loads of flavor. These muffins are topped with the most delicious sweet pecan crunch streusel topping. In a large bowl, combine first seven ingredients.
Banana Pecan Muffins instructions
- Preheat oven to 375 °..
- Line a muffin tin with paper cups and set aside..
- In a stand mixer (or you can mix by hand) cream the bananas, pecan liquor and honey for a minute or two..
- Add the egg, canola oil and vanilla until incorporated..
- Lastly, add flour, baking soda and salt. Mix until well combined then add in the pecans..
- Fill muffin cups almost all the way to the top then sprinkle with the turbanado sugar for garnish..
- Bake for 20 minutes until the muffins are springy to the touch or a toothpick inserted comes out clean..
In another bowl, combine bananas, sour cream, eggs and butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. How should I bake the Banana Pecan muffins? Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Whisk the banana, sugar, buttermilk, oil, egg and vanilla in a medium bowl until smooth.