Banana Bread. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended.
Add the banana mixture to the creamed mixture and stir until combined. Add dry ingredients, mixing just until flour. When life gives you bananas, it's time to make banana bread. You can cook Banana Bread using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Banana Bread
- It’s 1/3 cup of Shortening or Butter.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Sugar.
- You need 2 of Eggs.
- Prepare 1 3/4 cup of sifted All-Purpose Flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of Baking Powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Baking Soda.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1 cup of Mashed Ripe Banana.
- You need 1/2 cup of Chopped Walnuts (Optional).
- It’s 1 cup of Chocolate Chips (optional).
Bake bananas into sweet loaves of goodness, with nuts, chocolate, or plain and delicious. Banana Bread Tips How do I quickly ripen bananas? When baking with bananas, use ones that are ripe (or even overripe) to yield the best flavor. If you have a day or two to spare, place bananas and an apple, avocado, peach or tomato in a brown paper bag and keep on your counter.
Banana Bread step by step
- Preheat the oven to 350..
- Cream together the shortening or butter and sugar; add eggs and beat well. Sift together the dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture alternating with the banana, blend well after each addition. Stir in nuts (optional)..
- Pour into a well greased 9x5x3 loaf pan; sprinkel with nutmeg and bake for 45- 50 minutes or until done. Remove from pan; cool on wrack..
Store overly-ripe bananas in the freezer until you have enough to make bread. Cut up thick slices of the bread and freeze them for a lunch box treat or for an on-the-go breakfast, toasted and spread with peanut or almond butter. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk together banana, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla. The best bananas to use for banana bread are those that are over-ripe.