Chinese BBQ Pork (Char Siu).
You can have Chinese BBQ Pork (Char Siu) using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chinese BBQ Pork (Char Siu)
- You need of For Meat.
- Prepare 4 pieces of pork shoulder steaks.
- Prepare of For Marinade.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of five spice powder.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of paprika.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of white pepper.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of sesame oil.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Chinese rice wine.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of hoisin sauce.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of tomato paste.
- You need 1 tablespoon of honey.
Chinese BBQ Pork (Char Siu) step by step
- Put all ingredients for the marinade in a bowl to mix a sauce.
- Use the sauce to marinate pork in refrigerator overnight. Leave 2 tablespoon of the sauce for glazing.
- Preheat an oven in grill mode at 200c.
- Set the marinated pork on a roasting rack (to have air flow below the meat). Cook on one side for 20 minutes.
- Flip the pork and glaze the sauce on another side and continue cooking for 15 minutes.
- Flip the pork again to glaze the sauce on the remaining side and continue cooking for another 15 minutes.
- Let the pork rest for 10-15 minutes and then enjoy!.