Chocolate Chip Cocoa Banana Bread. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, bananas, milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; add to the banana mixture and mix just until combined.
This Chocolate Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is the ultimate banana bread. It is SO rich and divine. And it is bread so it is totally acceptable to eat a slice for breakfast. You can cook Chocolate Chip Cocoa Banana Bread using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chocolate Chip Cocoa Banana Bread
- You need 1 3/4 cup of flour.
- You need 1/4 cup of cocoa powder.
- It’s 1 cup of white sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- It’s 1 stick of butter.
- You need 4 of ripe bananas.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of semisweet chocolate chips.
- It’s 2 tbsp of brown sugar.
This recipe is a classic banana bread taken to the next level. Unsweetened cocoa powder is added to the batter and rich mini chocolate chips are sprinkled over the top. The best part is, unsweetened cocoa powder is low in calories, but delivers intense chocolate flavor. This extra insulation will keep the bottom of the bread from overbaking.
Chocolate Chip Cocoa Banana Bread step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Melt butter in microwave, then leave to cool..
- Grease bottom and sides of a 9x5x3 inch loaf pan..
- Combine flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in medium bowl with a whisk..
- Mash bananas in a large bowl, then add melted butter and vanilla extract..
- Lightly beat eggs, then add to banana mixture..
- Combine dry and wet ingredients and fold until all ingredients are moistened, then add chocolate chips..
- Pour batter into loaf pan and sprinkle brown sugar over the top to taste. Bake for 60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean..
Sift together the flour, cocoa, baking powder, salt ad baking soda. Chocolate chips and cocoa powder give this chocolate banana bread deep chocolate flavor, while the addition of sour cream makes it tender. Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Stir bananas, milk, and cinnamon in another bowl. Beat butter and sugar in a third bowl until light and fluffy.