Fried Green Tomato BLT Sandwiches & Sliders. Fried green tomatoes are one of our all-time favorite summertime indulgences! This sandwich really shows off the tomatoes' flavor by using light panko bread crumbs as a coating. The roasted red pepper mayo is the perfect finishing touch.
My favorite way to eat fried green tomatoes! Fried Green Tomato Sandwich. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Sprinkle tomatoes with hot sauce (if desired). You can have Fried Green Tomato BLT Sandwiches & Sliders using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fried Green Tomato BLT Sandwiches & Sliders
- It’s 2 of large green tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- You need 2 cups of bread crumbs, flour, or desired coating for frying.
- You need strips of Cooked bacon.
- You need of Fresh lettuce, spinach, or desired crisper veggie for sandwich.
- Prepare of Bread slices (lightly toasted).
- You need of Mini slider buns (lightly toasted).
- You need of Dried chopped onion.
- Prepare of Sea salt.
- It’s of Garlic powder.
- It’s of Black pepper (ground).
- You need of Seasoning Salt.
- It’s of Miracle Whip or Mayonnaise.
- It’s of Optional Ingredients:.
- It’s 1/2 cup of grated parmesan.
- You need 1 of medium red onion.
- Prepare slices of Swiss cheese.
Dip tomato in egg, then dredge in cornmeal. Layer tomato, bacon, lettuce on toasted bread. Fried green tomatoes and a bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich become an epic Fried Green Tomato BLT. Topped with Cajun mayo spread, this will become your new favorite sandwich recipe!
Fried Green Tomato BLT Sandwiches & Sliders instructions
- Begin to heat grease for deep frying in deep pot or pan, deep fryer, or crockpot. Meanwhile, in small to medium sized bowl combine bread crumbs, seasonings, chopped onion, (and grated parmesan if desired) and Mix well. In separate small bowl crack and mix up eggs with a pinch of salt and pepper to prepare for breading. Wash tomatoes (and red onion if frying that also) and slice into half inch thick slices..
- Dip veggies, one at a time, first into egg mixture and flip a few times until completely coated. Next, immediately plunge the egg covered veggie in the breading mixture and cover completely. Then drop into frying oil right away. Fry until golden brown..
- Place deep fried veggies on a paper towel layered plate or tray to let the grease drain and begin to rinse lettuce and grab any other toppings you desire (such as swiss cheese! 😉).
- Add Miracle Whip or Mayonnaise to Toasted Bread and stack Your Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomatoes! Here you can also add your swiss cheese and sweet onion rings as extra add-ons to your BLT sandwich or you can enjoy them as an onion rings side dish! Or Both!.
- I also had some mini slider buns so I made them up for the kiddos! Even my picky child that doesn't like tomatoes scarfed these down and asked me to make them again! These were delicious!.
When I first moved to Seattle, someone told me that I would never be able to grow tomatoes. An American CLASSIC the "BLT" SANDWICH. I've been eating these delicious sandwiches since childhood. Over the last few years I've learned a way to prepare. View top rated Green tomato blt sandwich recipes with ratings and reviews.